The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Transferring courses.

Hi. Has anybody in edge hill university transferred courses? In the family of health. For example transferring to one health course to another? If so how hard was this process and also was the funding affected?
Original post by jenni2010
Hi. Has anybody in edge hill university transferred courses? In the family of health. For example transferring to one health course to another? If so how hard was this process and also was the funding affected?
Hiya @jenni2010

I am an Edge Hill student and I transferred courses in my Third year from Educational Psychology to Psychology. From my experience the process was made really simple, easy and quick.

I would recommend chatting to your personal tutor about swapping courses and how this would affect you, your time at university as well as your funding as this will be different for different courses. To transfer courses you will need to complete a transfer request which the university will review and your transfer will have to be approved by both your current programme lead and the lead of your new course.

So the first step is to contact your personal tutor or relevant department representative to ensure you are making the right decision and they will also be able to discuss the financial difference it will make. You could also chat to the careers team about the impact it will have. Once you are sure you are making the correct decision and you have discussed it with your personal tutor you can fill out the application form and send it to the Academic Records team.

Here is some more info about the process.

Good luck with your swap,
Katie - Third year Psychology student

Easy Peezy : )
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by EdgeHillStudents
Hiya @jenni2010
I am an Edge Hill student and I transferred courses in my Third year from Educational Psychology to Psychology. From my experience the process was made really simple, easy and quick.
I would recommend chatting to your personal tutor about swapping courses and how this would affect you, your time at university as well as your funding as this will be different for different courses. To transfer courses you will need to complete a transfer request which the university will review and your transfer will have to be approved by both your current programme lead and the lead of your new course.
So the first step is to contact your personal tutor or relevant department representative to ensure you are making the right decision and they will also be able to discuss the financial difference it will make. You could also chat to the careers team about the impact it will have. Once you are sure you are making the correct decision and you have discussed it with your personal tutor you can fill out the application form and send it to the Academic Records team.
Here is some more info about the process.
Good luck with your swap,
Katie - Third year Psychology student
Easy Peezy : )
Thanks for your reply! I’ve received the transfer form. However I’m abit confused to which statement is should choose. A or B. A I’d to be selected if I am intending to continue with study on my current programme. B is to be chosen if I am to cease engagement. I’m still on my current programme so shall I select a? As I’ve not discussed a date with my programme leader for cease of engagement?
Original post by jenni2010
Thanks for your reply! I’ve received the transfer form. However I’m abit confused to which statement is should choose. A or B. A I’d to be selected if I am intending to continue with study on my current programme. B is to be chosen if I am to cease engagement. I’m still on my current programme so shall I select a? As I’ve not discussed a date with my programme leader for cease of engagement?

Hiya @jenni2010

I have just sent you a message on the other page you commented on but I would recommend booking in a meeting with your personal tutor as they will be able to advise you on this and help you with what will be the most beneficial to you.

I hope this helps!
Katie - Third year psych student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending