The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone know if anyone got an email that was basically a rejection last monday? Or did everyone get the same email? At least then we would know that it's a bit more positive
I too would like to have heard if anyone else had received an unsuccessful email. I got an email on the 27th of Feb at almost 9pm at night saying i had passed the interview. Is it just me or has anyone else always had correspondence to this job sent on a Thursday? I got an email to say I had got an interview which came in on 4.45pm. I keep hoping to see an email late tonight.
Reply 42
I've had a few applications for hmrc. Some I've had to turn down because they offered me places too far away and some i have been unsuccessful. One thing they all have in common though is the time the application process takes. The thing that has been different about this one though (044r). Is the fact that I don't have a page for this on my civil service jobs account. All correspondence has just been by email and I don't really understand the difference between this one and every other one. Is everyone else like this or does anyone have a page for this on their civil service jobs account?
Reply 43
Original post by JoeEk
I've had a few applications for hmrc. Some I've had to turn down because they offered me places too far away and some i have been unsuccessful. One thing they all have in common though is the time the application process takes. The thing that has been different about this one though (044r). Is the fact that I don't have a page for this on my civil service jobs account. All correspondence has just been by email and I don't really understand the difference between this one and every other one. Is everyone else like this or does anyone have a page for this on their civil service jobs account?

I applied for this role through Manpower so it wasn't through the civil service site. I have tried to click on the email link they sent when I applied but it just takes me to an expired page. Just a waiting game!
Reply 44
Not everyone was successful, I personally know of someone who received the not successful email same night received the provisional offer.
It's just a waiting game for us all, the 10 day email was pretty short. Some people did receive a rejection email that I know of, but the email we received gave me the impression I passed the interview but scored lower as some people have had offers in certain locations and some have had that email, nobody I know of in Liverpool has had a offer. It's a huge workload for them specially 1000 jobs so they could be releasing offers in batches to avoid a overload. We may get put on a reserve list which is highly likely, or we may get a offer. We shall see keep your emails close😃
Reply 46
Ok now I'm worried... 😔
Reply 47
Original post by Priscal
Hi, I am glad you've heard back, and thanks for the update. Hopefully, the rest of us with provisional offers for Bathgate will start hearing re PEC soon. Goodluck with your checks.

Hi, were you able to phone them today and have they started your checks?
Still keep checking my emails. The time I got the Interview Outcome email was at 20:58. If I've no news tonight I'm hoping for something tomorrow.
Original post by Priscal
Hi, were you able to phone them today and have they started your checks?

Hi got through to them this morning and was told I would need to provide a bank statement. I would have to take this to a HMRC office to be verified. I'm in N. Wales so nearest HMRC would be Liverpool. Ended up booking an appointment for the 21/03/2017 at the Bathgate office.
When I checked the original email re interview and what docs to take realised that I had provided passport, council tax bill plus my birth certificate. I called them back and they said that I don't need to provide the bank statement after all. They then accepted the birth certificate instead.
I think if you provided all the docs needed at the interview the checks will maybe just go ahead.
Before I started work with DWP I remember having to complete a health declaration before Getting a formal offer so I expect to hear about completing one soon.

Will keep you updated as to any further progress as and when.
Reply 50
Original post by Oshortone
Hi got through to them this morning and was told I would need to provide a bank statement. I would have to take this to a HMRC office to be verified. I'm in N. Wales so nearest HMRC would be Liverpool. Ended up booking an appointment for the 21/03/2017 at the Bathgate office.
When I checked the original email re interview and what docs to take realised that I had provided passport, council tax bill plus my birth certificate. I called them back and they said that I don't need to provide the bank statement after all. They then accepted the birth certificate instead.
I think if you provided all the docs needed at the interview the checks will maybe just go ahead.
Before I started work with DWP I remember having to complete a health declaration before Getting a formal offer so I expect to hear about completing one soon.

Aww such a relief, I was wondering why no one else has been called. Hope we hear on the formal offer soon then. Thanks for the update.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Oshortone

Aww that's what I was thinking. Before interview I handed in my passport, driving license, birth certificate, passport size photos and utility bill.
Reply 52
Got provisional offer for Eastkilbride. Not ten working days after all. Good luck to everyone else
Reply 53
Original post by Tompatto93
It's just a waiting game for us all, the 10 day email was pretty short. Some people did receive a rejection email that I know of, but the email we received gave me the impression I passed the interview but scored lower as some people have had offers in certain locations and some have had that email, nobody I know of in Liverpool has had a offer. It's a huge workload for them specially 1000 jobs so they could be releasing offers in batches to avoid a overload. We may get put on a reserve list which is highly likely, or we may get a offer. We shall see keep your emails close😃

When I applied for the role in Liverpool I received an email asking me to advertise the role on social media as there was that many jobs in my area. I am trying to remain positive, I suppose no news is good news. Hoping they are dealing with each area at a time which would be the reason for the delay in Liverpool.
Original post by JoeEk
Got provisional offer for Eastkilbride. Not ten working days after all. Good luck to everyone else

You got the email just now?
Reply 55
Yeah 11 oclock. Really late
Original post by JoeEk
Yeah 11 oclock. Really late

Waiting game then might be alphabetical order then
Hiya Everyone,
I received a provisional offer for Portsmouth via email 9/3/17 at 23.09 so think you should all be hearing shortly.

Good luck to you all.
Good luck to everyone so far that have accepted
Got an email reply of an offer for East Kilbride. Says in the email can take 20 working days to get a start date. I'm thinking May for starting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending