aash121
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I have an interview with HM Revenue and Customs as trainee in customer service consultant and I was wondering whether anyone else has had one before? What questions did they ask?

All they said was that the interviewers will be looking for you to give specific examples with detail about when you have carried out the tasks in either past employment or any aspect of life.

The interview is for 30 minutes.
Thanks!
kaysher246
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have the same interview but mine is going to be 45 mins long my interview is in May and im already nervous.
Good luck!
aash121
Rep:
?
(Original post by kaysher246)
I have the same interview but mine is going to be 45 mins long my interview is in May and im already nervous.
Good luck!

on which section your interview ? mine is customer service costuner service consultant AO do you have any idea what they are going to ask
thnks
kaysher246
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's the same position customer service consultant AO, I know its comptensy based and it will be based around the civil service competency framework.
other than that, no.
aash121
Rep:
?
(Original post by kaysher246)
It's the same position customer service consultant AO, I know its comptensy based and it will be based around the civil service competency framework.
other than that, no.
alright thank you and goodluck for the interview
kaysher246
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you had your interview? how did it go
cain89
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i had my interview on 3rd may was told would her back in two week still not heard anything yet anyone else heard anything.
kaysher246
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No haven't heard anything either, my interview was the 11th May and they said i'd hear early June. I haven't had any interview feedback yet, have you?
cain89
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was told 2 weeks been checking everyday haha. and no I have had no feedback yet, the application status not been updated.
username4031216
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had an interview on the 4th May, i didn't ask in the interview but received a handout at the end which said I would hear before the end of May. so hopefully results will be out by next Thursday at the latest
kaysher246
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I really hope so🤞 Hate waiting, im really impatient haha
zaref
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve also had my interview on the 11th of May however no news yet either!
username4031216
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Where have you all applied for? I put Bradford first choice and Leeds second, just wondered if we were told different times the results would be out because of the different locations
kaysher246
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by brody97)
Where have you all applied for? I put Bradford first choice and Leeds second, just wondered if we were told different times the results would be out because of the different locations
That makes sense, I applied for Liverpool
zaref
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve applied for Manchester myself
Hamzah.99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied in Birmingham... how long did your interviews last? It felt like mine only lasted 10mins... still think it went well? Hope so!
kaysher246
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It took about 20 mins for my documents to be copied and the interview lasted about 20 mins aswell.
username4031216
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
anyone heard anything yet? If they keep to their word I should hear tomorrow
mw88
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ao customer consultant will most likely be a call centre job (So phones/webchat). There isn't much demand for processing work. I know because I did the job. My interview was 3 years ago but one of the questions was 'what would you do if the customer asked you to call back'. I remember something about avoiding departmental reputational damage and making sure you exhaust all routes to find the right answer
zaref
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone heard anything? It’s been more than 2 weeks now and still nothing today. Wonder if I should email them to find out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (59)
18.38%
Unconditional if firmed (25)
7.79%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.62%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (11)
3.43%
No unconditional offers (224)
69.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise