The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

MSc Real Estate Finance Prospects for an International Student.

Hi, I'm an international student, hopefully would begin my studies y September 2017, I have a couple of questions, and would greatly appreciate clarifications.
1. How accepted is a degree from the University of Reading in EU ?
2. How expensive is the town?
3. I noticed that some firms offer summer internship for candidates who aim to begin an RICS accredited course in September, are there any chances that an international student not presently living in the UK can apply and benefit from this?
4. How large and diverse is the class size normally....
would appreciate all input. thanks :smile:
Original post by Ngalam
Hi, I'm an international student, hopefully would begin my studies y September 2017, I have a couple of questions, and would greatly appreciate clarifications.
1. How accepted is a degree from the University of Reading in EU ?
2. How expensive is the town?
3. I noticed that some firms offer summer internship for candidates who aim to begin an RICS accredited course in September, are there any chances that an international student not presently living in the UK can apply and benefit from this?
4. How large and diverse is the class size normally....
would appreciate all input. thanks :smile:

Hi,

A few answers to you questions:

1. UoR/HBS has very good reputation for real estate (and finance) in Europe. Lincoln Land Institute called us the top real estate research centre in Europe and our academics are very prominent at international real estate conferences in Europe, America and Asian/Australasia. Our degrees are a marker for most other EU real estate programmes.
2. Reading is moderately expensive, because it is so well connected to London (and home for many Thames Valley high tech industries). But it is cheaper than London.
3. Internships for international students is going to be problematic. Probably better if you seek work experience in your own country before coming to study.
4. We currently have about x40-50 students in MSc RE Finance prog. but some modules are with main RE programme, so can be up to x150 in lectures. We often break Class into smaller teams for projects and some seminars. MSc RE Prog's are moderately diverse (range of UK and international students, although RE Finance is probably has more international students.

Hope that this helps.

Joe Doak,
Associate Professor,
Real Estate & Planning
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by klsdoakj
Hi,

A few answers to you questions:

1. UoR/HBS has very good reputation for real estate (and finance) in Europe. Lincoln Land Institute called us the top real estate research centre in Europe and our academics are very prominent at international real estate conferences in Europe, America and Asian/Australasia. Our degrees are a marker for most other EU real estate programmes.
2. Reading is moderately expensive, because it is so well connected to London (and home for many Thames Valley high tech industries). But it is cheaper than London.
3. Internships for international students is going to be problematic. Probably better if you seek work experience in your own country before coming to study.
4. We currently have about x40-50 students in MSc RE Finance prog. but some modules are with main RE programme, so can be up to x150 in lectures. We often break Class into smaller teams for projects and some seminars. MSc RE Prog's are moderately diverse (range of UK and international students, although RE Finance is probably has more international students.

Hope that this helps.

Joe Doak,
Associate Professor,
Real Estate & Planning

Thanks for the reply/contribution, I greatly appreciate.
Please Sir, I have a few other questions, would appreciate your kind contribution
1. Does the MSc Real Estate Finance have a field trip as part of the program content?
2. I noticed some funding opportunities(with regards to tuition fees) can one apply for this even without having paid the required course deposit?
3. On the last cohort of students(MSC Real Estate) how many Africans made up the cohort.
Thanks
In response....

Yes, MSc RE Finance usually go for a week to somewhere quite 'exotic'....like New York, Singapore or Hong Kong....i.e. a global financial centre.

The scholarships require you to have 'committed' to the course by accepting offer and (I think) paid deposit, but you could always ask for some 'tolerance' if you cannot afford deposit. An email might work to RREF and/or HBS Admissions!

There were not many Africans on MSc RE Prog's (x3 or 4 for both MS RE and MSc RE Finance).....and there is a dedicated scholarship for African applicants....so worth a try!

Joe

Original post by Ngalam
Thanks for the reply/contribution, I greatly appreciate.
Please Sir, I have a few other questions, would appreciate your kind contribution
1. Does the MSc Real Estate Finance have a field trip as part of the program content?
2. I noticed some funding opportunities(with regards to tuition fees) can one apply for this even without having paid the required course deposit?
3. On the last cohort of students(MSC Real Estate) how many Africans made up the cohort.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending