The Student Room Group

How to get into the finance sector

I've just finished an 3-year International Politics degree at City, University of London, and i'm greatly interested in joining the finance sector, especially being within the trading or stock market industry. I'm already learning about trading everyday, however the problem is my parents. They're applying immense amounts of pressure on me to try and convince me to work with the family friend in his real estate company, but I believe the position that'll be allocated to me, will not allow me to grow in 3-5 years, as the head of this real estate agency is a typical capitalist that wouldn't give me an opportunity for social mobility. This real estate company would pay me over £28k a year. I really want to be in a position where I can generate even more than this a year, through acquiring assets and investing them, either through stocks or trading, and I know there are no future job prospects for me within this estate agency. I'm currently applying for multiple internships, but i'm gaining no responses. What would you suggest I do, instead of going with what my parents want me to do. I have full faith in myself that I can prove my parents wrong and reach a point where i'm no longer an employee, and I'm financially free.

Please advise me on what the best steps are to take forward, Thank you!
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending