The Student Room Group

A Level History - historical essay OCR Y100

Has anyone recently completed/submitted theirs? If so, how did you find it and what topic did you choose?
It's not the submission date yet for mine but I did Weimar Unemployment Levels.
Reply 2
Original post by MissVampire
It's not the submission date yet for mine but I did Weimar Unemployment Levels.

You haven't had to submit yours yet? Lucky! i submitted mine two weeks ago.
Reply 3
I submitted mine two weeks ago, I did it on one of the AS topics I studied: Richard III and whether he has been misunderstood by historians. Found it interesting, I liked my topic but found it difficult to stick to the word count, what about you?
Reply 4
Original post by aalfaiaz
I submitted mine two weeks ago, I did it on one of the AS topics I studied: Richard III and whether he has been misunderstood by historians. Found it interesting, I liked my topic but found it difficult to stick to the word count, what about you?

That does sound interesting. I don't know anything about Richard III, what is the general perception of him in history?

I looked at ordinary Germans' participation in the Holocaust and the extent to which they supported the genocide. It was really, really interesting to write and thankfully there were enough sources out there about the subject! I found it difficult to stick to the word count too, I was slightly over (4300). My teacher said it was fine as there wasn't any "drift" (going off topic)
Reply 5
Original post by violeta23
That does sound interesting. I don't know anything about Richard III, what is the general perception of him in history?

I looked at ordinary Germans' participation in the Holocaust and the extent to which they supported the genocide. It was really, really interesting to write and thankfully there were enough sources out there about the subject! I found it difficult to stick to the word count too, I was slightly over (4300). My teacher said it was fine as there wasn't any "drift" (going off topic)

ooh that sound really interesting, what did you find?

And the general perception of him is that he was an evil tyrant who usurped the throne and killed the princes in the tower, and so I did a thousand words on his historiography (how he has been perceived throughout history) and then 2000 on the debate. I was at about 4300 too.
Reply 6
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a level/success/grade criteria for this coursework? I'm close to submitting this piece of work now, but just want to go through it one last time. I did mine on Stalin's consolidation of power.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by ipanda99
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a level/success/grade criteria for this coursework? I'm close to submitting this piece of work now, but just want to go through it one last time. I did mine on Stalin's consolidation of power.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is helpful, especially p.8

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/297815-unit-y100-guide.pdf
Reply 8
ooh that sound really interesting, what did you find?

And the general perception of him is that he was an evil tyrant who usurped the throne and killed the princes in the tower, and so I did a thousand words on his historiography (how he has been perceived throughout history) and then 2000 on the debate. I was at about 4300 too.

The evidence was overwhelmingly that the German people were anti-semitic and those who actively participated in the genocide did so not out of coercion but freely.

Sounds interesting about Richard III - you went over by 300 words as well lol? I know 4000 may sound like a lot (it did to me in the beginning) but it's really not, is it? Could've done with another 1000
Reply 9
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I have a sheet somewhere but I have put all my coursework stuff away but this is what I remember:
20 marks for your debate and how well you argue it with detail
10 marks for source work and analysis and for a top grade you should have about 8-10 sources (primary and secondary), and then analyse them
and 10 marks for analysing historiography

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/170128-specification-accredited-a-level-gce-history-a-h505.pdf
pg110+ well help
Hey, I have a sheet somewhere but I have put all my coursework stuff away but this is what I remember:
20 marks for your debate and how well you argue it with detail
10 marks for source work and analysis and for a top grade you should have about 8-10 sources (primary and secondary), and then analyse them
and 10 marks for analysing historiography

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/170128-specification-accredited-a-level-gce-history-a-h505.pdf
pg110+ well help

Thanks, I have that sheet too, but thanks for clarifying to make things clear. What modules are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, I have that sheet too, but thanks for clarifying to make things clear. What modules are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no problem.

I did Wars of the Roses and the French Revolution and Napoleon at AS and just finished the middle east at A2 wby?
no problem.

I did Wars of the Roses and the French Revolution and Napoleon at AS and just finished the middle east at A2 wby?

Ahh completely different modules,
Pitt to Peel and Russia (1894-1941) at AS and Civil Rights in the USA (1865-1992) for A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
For the primary source analysis, how many have you included and how have you analysed them? Just curious. Like, what have you talked about in the essay regarding the primary sources?

Quick Reply

Latest