The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anisajazz
Did you have to send them your dbs i thought they get a copy also doesnt say anything in email aboyt sending them it

I wasn't sure if they received a copy or we had to provide it. Either way, I did it to open up some channel of communication.
Original post by Dazlin
I've emailed them this morning to get the auto response of 48hr response 😡

Can I pls get their email address.
Original post by gexway22
I have sent you a private message.

Gexway pls can I get their email address from u
Reply 523
Original post by Tompatto93
Had a email back they bounced one of my refs so they asked for a new one which I have just sent over

See I told you they would just ask for an additional referee. hopefully after this reference you would hear back. I am still waiting to hear back since 21st March my references has responded to them. 🙈
Original post by Aqhsa
See I told you they would just ask for an additional referee. hopefully after this reference you would hear back. I am still waiting to hear back since 21st March my references has responded to them. 🙈

I emailed them this morning with a new reference they wanted guessing the re contacted my other one and just asked them how long they knew me as they missed it out on the form they only asked me for one more, you should be hearing soon where basically at the same stage now
I still don't know whether or not I even have a provisional offer. Just received this for Glasgow:

Thank you for your continued patience since our last email update, we are sorry for the delay in providing you with an update on your application.

As we are sure you will appreciate HMRC is an employer of over 56,000 staff and currently undergoing a huge transformation. Whilst this is very exciting and makes it a great place to work it does mean that there are many factors that influence workforce planning and our estate. We are re-organising how we deliver our business and at this time we are working to get an update to you as quickly as we can.

Please rest assured we will contact you as soon as we are able to let you know the next steps, we very much hope that this will be no later than next Wednesday.
IMG_1815.PNG

🙃
Original post by chris4242
I still don't know whether or not I even have a provisional offer. Just received this for Glasgow:

Thank you for your continued patience since our last email update, we are sorry for the delay in providing you with an update on your application.

As we are sure you will appreciate HMRC is an employer of over 56,000 staff and currently undergoing a huge transformation. Whilst this is very exciting and makes it a great place to work it does mean that there are many factors that influence workforce planning and our estate. We are re-organising how we deliver our business and at this time we are working to get an update to you as quickly as we can.

Please rest assured we will contact you as soon as we are able to let you know the next steps, we very much hope that this will be no later than next Wednesday.

Received same
I don't have their email and also received that email then.
Recieved the same email this is getting ridiculous now

I emailed them earlier and had their 48 hours response b4 getting their "apology update"
Original post by Nas08
Recieved the same email this is getting ridiculous now

Yeah, three days short of a full month since I found out I had passed the interview stage, still not any further forward from there.
Ye I have received the same
I don't even have the word to describe how utterly disappointing this whole process has been so far. I have never ever experienced a recruitment process as this one. :s-smilie:
Reply 534

Got the same email too.
Looking at that email I think what's happening is this...
All provisional offers are being checked right now. Those that may come back unsatisfactory will be declined so the recruitment team will back-fill with the next higher scoring candidates. I am assuming that any firm offers will be given before next Weds, then they can pull the 'bums on seats' from the remaining candidates in order to make their numbers as I think they are under a lot of pressure to honour the numbers.
Reply 536
Original post by Tompatto93
I emailed them this morning with a new reference they wanted guessing the re contacted my other one and just asked them how long they knew me as they missed it out on the form they only asked me for one more, you should be hearing soon where basically at the same stage now

Thank you well you should hear back by next week as I just got an offer but I'm confused don't know when to start plus in my 5 week training I need to attend a jury service 🙈
Original post by Ladynevertells
Looking at that email I think what's happening is this...
All provisional offers are being checked right now. Those that may come back unsatisfactory will be declined so the recruitment team will back-fill with the next higher scoring candidates. I am assuming that any firm offers will be given before next Weds, then they can pull the 'bums on seats' from the remaining candidates in order to make their numbers as I think they are under a lot of pressure to honour the numbers.

Possibly. But we would of been told we have been put on the reserve list?
Original post by Aqhsa
Thank you well you should hear back by next week as I just got an offer but I'm confused don't know when to start plus in my 5 week training I need to attend a jury service 🙈

What start dates have they offered you?
Possibly. But we would of been told we have been put on the reserve list?

Well, I'm not sure they have made all the numbers so maybe there isn't much of a reserve list. This would give candidates a better chance of it were the case. I've recently been involved in high volume recruitment and you literally are dragging random strangers off the street by the end of it to make the promised numbers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending