The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Ladynevertells
I just thought they would have sent a contract before you start as they haven't even confirmed to me the salary. I would like to see that confirmation before I start. Good luck tomorrow ✌️🤞

Awww okay and yeah i understand what you mean as I don't know my salary either they did ask me to bring my bank details so I am just going to take my bank card, and thank you really need good luck with me and whatever I find out tomorrow will mention it here hopefully, just kinda stressed out that I get their safely and not be late for the first day. 🙈
Has anyone been placed on the reserve list and then made an offer?
fed up of waiting.my provisional was month a go checks all done 2week ago.
so just rang again.actually spoke to person who been dealing with my file.all checks are done has now been passed on to hmrc so will get start date this week
Original post by anisajazz
so just rang again.actually spoke to person who been dealing with my file.all checks are done has now been passed on to hmrc so will get start date this week

Great news Anisa, keep us posted. 🤞
Hello. I received a provisional offer from Bathgate too. All my pre employment checks are complete and got an email to say hmrc will be in touch very soon. That was 2 weeks ago. I've tried emailing but been told they only deal with pre employment checks. I text hmrc employee at bathgate and was told end of April to end of June for start dates. I'm beginning to worry now as not hearing anything
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DonnaChis
Hello. I received a provisional offer from Bathgate too. All my pre employment checks are complete and got an email to say hmrc will be in touch very soon. That was 2 weeks ago. I've tried emailing but been told they only deal with pre employment checks. I text hmrc employee at bathgate and was told end of April to end of June for start dates. I'm beginning to worry now as not hearing anything

Just ring them 01895204582 thats what i did
Original post by Ladynevertells
Great news Anisa, keep us posted. 🤞

Thanls! I will do
Original post by DonnaChis

Might need to wait till after the bank holiday I doubt they will want to get any work done this week. Plus kids are off school if I was in their position I would take holidays around this time.
I think many of us are in the same boat!!!!
Original post by Aqhsa
Awww okay and yeah i understand what you mean as I don't know my salary either they did ask me to bring my bank details so I am just going to take my bank card, and thank you really need good luck with me and whatever I find out tomorrow will mention it here hopefully, just kinda stressed out that I get their safely and not be late for the first day. 🙈

how did your first day go :smile:
Just received my formal offer; I'll be starting on the 16th June😆
Original post by Noellaah
Just received my formal offer; I'll be starting on the 16th June😆

Congratulations!! Where for?
Original post by phili20
Congratulations!! Where for?

Thank you, Manchester!
Reply 1114
Original post by Fontaine1990
how did your first day go :smile:

Hey first day went okay tiring lol they gave a tour of the zones in hmrc and the fire assembly points incase if a fire. Mainly did paper work i.e. fill out info regarding next of kin etc then met some people from different departments. Then we were allocated a desk so that we know how to log in to the computer with a PID number they gave us and password they give us first but then we change it straightaway after logging in. We then did civil service learning and learned how to create a flexi time sheet as well as put our bank details on the hmrc my service which we will use to see our wages online as we won't be getting it by post (I think thats what we were told) We were told what we should not do and what to wear and now to wear. Had a busy day knackered. oh also mentioned about the probabtion and how it works out.
Original post by Noellaah
Thank you, Manchester!

Which department will you be in? I'm starting in June at Manchester as well
Glad your day went well and you got there okay. Do you know what Dept you will be working in after your training ends. Best of luck for the rest of your training.
Reply 1117
Did they give you your shifts that you will work after training?
Original post by Oshortone
Aqsha I'm glad your day went well and you got there okay. Do you know what Dept you will be working in after your training ends. Best of luck for the rest of your training.

I'm still waiting to hear if I am getting a formal offer hinges on verdict of health declaration referral from Occupational Health☹️
Original post by Aqhsa
Hey first day went okay tiring lol they gave a tour of the zones in hmrc and the fire assembly points incase if a fire. Mainly did paper work i.e. fill out info regarding next of kin etc then met some people from different departments. Then we were allocated a desk so that we know how to log in to the computer with a PID number they gave us and password they give us first but then we change it straightaway after logging in. We then did civil service learning and learned how to create a flexi time sheet as well as put our bank details on the hmrc my service which we will use to see our wages online as we won't be getting it by post (I think thats what we were told) We were told what we should not do and what to wear and now to wear. Had a busy day knackered. oh also mentioned about the probabtion and how it works out.

sounds like an intense day did you sign a contract ? and how does the probation work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending