The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
its English lit mate, you don't really need it
Original post by nightcrawl3r
does anyone have any idea what the questions could possibly be for Macbeth, Frankenstein, an inspector calls and the two poems from the power and conflict anthology?

My teacher says London and lady macbeth but i get the feeling its not Lady MacbethWhat are your predictions.Its definitely not Ozymandias and storm on the island as these were the poems in the specimen papers.What are your predictions?
Original post by Anonymous1502
My teacher says London and lady macbeth but i get the feeling its not Lady MacbethWhat are your predictions.Its definitely not Ozymandias and storm on the island as these were the poems in the specimen papers.What are your predictions?

i have a feeling macbeth could be about banquo because we had lady macbeth for entrance exams even though she could still come up but i have no clue about poetry i'm hoping it'll be bayonet charge
i have a feeling macbeth could be about banquo because we had lady macbeth for entrance exams even though she could still come up but i have no clue about poetry i'm hoping it'll be bayonet charge

I get the feeling its banquo because the specimen papers for english lit for edexcel and ocr both have questions on banquo,but my teacher is so rubbish she hasnt even taught us anything about banquo.
I get the feeling its banquo because the specimen papers for english lit for edexcel and ocr both have questions on banquo,but my teacher is so rubbish she hasnt even taught us anything about banquo.

same here we pretty much focused on lady macbeth the whole two years
same here we pretty much focused on lady macbeth the whole two years

Whats the likelihood of the witches coming up?Or maybe it will be a question about macbeth and lady macbeth maybe as partners or something or about the difference between them??What do you think?I do animal farm and great expectations, not many people do these texts :/
Whats the likelihood of the witches coming up?Or maybe it will be a question about macbeth and lady macbeth maybe as partners or something or about the difference between them??What do you think?I do animal farm and great expectations, not many people do these texts :/

yeah there's also a possibilty that the supernatural would come up which is quite stressful but not sure about reltioship between macbeth and lady macbeth
Reply 8
what do you guys think will come up for An inspector calls aqa 2017?? i think the specimen was sheila and last year was maybe birling so what do guys think ??????????
i think it may be Gerald or the Inspector
Original post by hfthyd
what do you guys think will come up for An inspector calls aqa 2017?? i think the specimen was sheila and last year was maybe birling so what do guys think ??????????
i think it may be Gerald or the Inspector

Yeah specimen was Sheila and the theme of social responsibility but responsibilty could come up again- not sure about Gerald though because there's not much about him, but could be the relatioship between him and sheila or something
Reply 10
Yeah specimen was Sheila and the theme of social responsibility but responsibilty could come up again- not sure about Gerald though because there's not much about him, but could be the relatioship between him and sheila or something

yeah true there is actually a lot to say about gerald!!
what do guys think about macbeth?? i really dislike the play and I'm finding it difficult to revise it because there are just so many acts ??!!!!!
Original post by hfthyd
yeah true there is actually a lot to say about gerald!!
what do guys think about macbeth?? i really dislike the play and I'm finding it difficult to revise it because there are just so many acts ??!!!!!

i think it'll either be about lady macbeth, banquo or the supernatural i love the play haha
Anybody got any idea what could come up for Lord of the flies, Frankenstein and Romeo and Juliet ?

It's more than plausible for Ozymandias or Storm On The Island to be part of the exam. The first exam series will always be unpredictable, unfortunately.
Reply 14

Is there more than one set of specimen papers for the English Literature???

If there is what were questions on it for Macbeth, J and H and AIC?
Original post by h.rv

AQA have released multiple specimen papers for English language, but only one for English Literature
Original post by h.rv

The second set for english literature is locked, but I know what was in the set: storm on the island,for macbeth there was a question about macbeth,animal farm -which animal is most powerful and something about work ethic, great expectations I think it was something about Pip but not 100% sure.

Well these are the texts i do, sorry i cant help you with inspector calls and j and h.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
The second set for english literature is locked, but I know what was in the set: storm on the island,for macbeth there was a question about macbeth,animal farm -which animal is most powerful and something about work ethic, great expectations I think it was something about Pip but not 100% sure.

Well these are the texts i do, sorry i cant help you with inspector calls and j and h.

Thanks.
Do you remember any exact details by any chance?

Was the question for Power and Conflict open ended? Or did it ask for specific themes?

What was the question on Macbeth asking about specifically and what extract did it use?
HOLY CRAP WE ARE THE FIRST 9-1 SPEC PEOPLE WHO'S TERRIFIED

Okay, so I'm aiming for a level 9 (too high, I know). The highest grade I've gotten before is a high level 8 (I got 83/96 on english lit paper 2).
I'm doing Jekyll and Hyde, Macbeth, Lord of the flies and the power and conflict cluster.

Here are my predictions
For Lord of the flies- I'm guessing it's going to be either Ralph, Jack or Political ideas (if they have mercy). If they are trying to make it very tough, it will be something like the beast and religious ideas. My money is on Ralph and political ideas though.
For Jekyll and Hyde- If they have mercy, it will be on Duality. Because the whole point of the 9-1 spec is to differentiate between higher and lower level people, and Duality is the perfect way because the lower band of people will talk about the obvious whereas the higher band of people will make more unique analysis. Or, if they are being tough, it will be Utterson because AQA likes to be cruel.
Macbeth- Either, Macbeth because they had Lady Macbeth in the sample paper published OR fate vs free will OR something really horrible like Malcolm.
Poetry- I feel like it's going to be London or Storm on the Island because both of them have obvious analysis that most people will use, but also in depth unique analysis that will help differentiate the higher level people.

DO NOT TRUST THESE PLEASE REVISE EVERYTHING. But it will be funny to come back and see if I'm right. Please comment below on what book you do/ what your predictions are/how you're revising.

For revision, I'm pretty much going through each book making my own personal annotations and doing past papers every single second of my life. English is the subject I'm MOST stressed about, so please AQA if you're reading have mercy on us.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
Hello
Do you have any model answers for the power and conflict poetry cluster? I think that Ozymandias is going to be on the paper but it's just a guess

Latest

Trending

Trending