Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

I got mine the same day.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by seaside14
When do we get our degree results? Module results are July, are degree results the same time?

Usually the same day or within a couple days after :smile:
Original post by laalNick
Usually the same day or within a couple days after :smile:

Original post by sputum
I got mine the same day.

Excellent. Have a conditional offer for nursing where I need to just pass this degree and I need enough time to give notice at work before it starts.
Excellent. Have a conditional offer for nursing where I need to just pass this degree and I need enough time to give notice at work before it starts.

Well good luck! Sure it will go well! X
Original post by laalNick
Well good luck! Sure it will go well! X

Are you still able to apply for financial help in regards to buying a computer?
Slightly confused as to why the OU decided to send me a marketing email today about signing up for postgraduate study when I'm already doing a master's. With them. Ummmm, hello?
Hi all, remember to vote in the 'Most helpful thread of the Year' award: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4542228

:party:
Is a degree pass passing with at least a third or does it mean 'a degree pass' i.e. without honors.
Is a degree pass passing with at least a third or does it mean 'a degree pass' i.e. without honors.

Can you give a bit more context?

There's an online calculator you can use for ou degrees to help work out what classification you'd get - would that help?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Persipan
Can you give a bit more context?

There's an online calculator you can use for ou degrees to help work out what classification you'd get - would that help?

I just need a pass as a condition of my nursing degree. I am always playing around with the classification calculator. I think I will email the uni to clarify if they are looking for honors or not.
I am so confused by my marks this module. I got a really low mark for my first TMA (partly because the tutor docked me marks for a reason I just do not agree with her about), then a significantly better one for the second TMA... and then the third TMA, which I had a terrible, blood-from-a-stone time with and thought was awful, just got an even better mark again.
Reply 9651
Hi, if anyone can help me with my questions about forensic psychology?
Facebook, mail...
Anyone ever been marked up for their OCAS if they say get 38%?
Hi, I'm doing the forensic psychology degree and I'm just about to finish DD102, thank god. I started DD102 in October and at the end of November I came down with glandular fever which has knocked me for six. My first grades were good, but for TMA04 and 05I've had 64 and 63% which I'm feeling quite upset about considering my other marks were good. I'm actually wondering if I'm cut out for all of this. I'm 33 so it's been a while since I studied :s
Original post by Christinaloves
Hi, I'm doing the forensic psychology degree and I'm just about to finish DD102, thank god. I started DD102 in October and at the end of November I came down with glandular fever which has knocked me for six. My first grades were good, but for TMA04 and 05I've had 64 and 63% which I'm feeling quite upset about considering my other marks were good. I'm actually wondering if I'm cut out for all of this. I'm 33 so it's been a while since I studied :s

Disclaimer: not a psychology student

An OU degree is a lot of time and work and will have ups and downs even without the interventions of 'real life.' From experience (hindsight) the emotional effects can be totally out of kilter compared to a more dispassionate evaluation.

From your post you have been hitting good marks and have a valid reason for falling below your own expectations in the last two TMAs so I'm not sure why this has upset you or caused you to doubt your abilities. Still I guess if we were rational psychology would be a much less interesting subject:smile:.
Reply 9655
Original post by Christinaloves

I think everyone has a time during each module where they wonder if they should continue. I certainly did. But this doesn't mean you shouldn't continue.

Even with your circumstances, you're still passing. 63% is a decent mark. I think if anything that this proves you should keep going - people fail because they're ill, because they haven't studied for a while, because they're older (and older brains don't learn as quickly or easily as 18 year old brains), because they're working - yet somehow you're dealing with all of that and still passing! Imagine what you'll be able to do when you're not ill, and when you're back into the academic frame of mind.
Hello everyone, so I'm in a huge dilemma atm.

I'd like to do a bachelor in computing and IT but I'm not a native English speaker and my English isn't that good.

I mean reading is fine, I understand almost everything if written, but I have problems understanding spoken English, and my spoken English is terrible (bad pronunciation). I am also not very good at writing and I don't know if I could write essays, I mean sure I can write the basic stuff but my vocabulary is extremely limited and informal.

So I'd like to ask if it's possible to complete a bachelor with the OU with very basic English skills, or if I should immediately forget about it.

I assume that there won't be many essays, theory-based exams and spoken/listening activities in the computing and IT bachelor (as opposed to law, psychology etc.) but that may as well just be wishful thinking...

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me out, thanks in advance!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi all,

I'm currently studying towards a BSc in Psychology - completed DE100 and am over halfway through DD102. I've registered for SDK228 and E233 for October, wanted to do DE200 too but couldn't due to student finance having a cap for the year.

Does anyone have any SDK228 or E233 materials that they would be willing to send or books that they would consider selling? I'm just looking to get some studying done over the summer as it will be my first time studying two modules.

Thanks in advance!
Original post by _Sovereign
Hi all,

I'm currently studying towards a BSc in Psychology - completed DE100 and am over halfway through DD102. I've registered for SDK228 and E233 for October, wanted to do DE200 too but couldn't due to student finance having a cap for the year.

Does anyone have any SDK228 or E233 materials that they would be willing to send or books that they would consider selling? I'm just looking to get some studying done over the summer as it will be my first time studying two modules.

Thanks in advance!

I have the SDK228 PDFs if you'd like them? PM me your email. :smile:
Original post by Snufkin
I have the SDK228 PDFs if you'd like them? PM me your email. :smile:

Just private messaged you. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest