The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Studying Oct start and Feb start module simultaneously

I haven't applied to the OU yet but wondering if its possible to study a module beginning in October(completing June) and then picking up another module in february(completing in september). both modules are 30cr.
Another separate question: Can you study a 60 credit module(or x2 30cr) part time in 1 academic year? I know I am able to study 120 credits in an academic year full time, as most people who go physical universities. so it is possible to do 60 credits part time in one academic year?
Reply 1
Original post by mojin
I haven't applied to the OU yet but wondering if its possible to study a module beginning in October(completing June) and then picking up another module in february(completing in september). both modules are 30cr.
Another separate question: Can you study a 60 credit module(or x2 30cr) part time in 1 academic year? I know I am able to study 120 credits in an academic year full time, as most people who go physical universities. so it is possible to do 60 credits part time in one academic year?

Hello,
Yes it is possible to start a module in Oct and another in Feb with the OU. I am considering doing this with 60 credit modules. I’m not sure if it depends on your course and I believe it can affect student loans so the OU do recommend discussing this option with the student support team, who are very helpful.
And yes studying 60 credit modules in a year, part time is common. You choose which modules you want to do and when, when you enrol.
I would recommend having a chat with OU student support to go through your personal options (I’m planning on doing this myself!)

Good luck!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by mojin

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest