The Student Room Group

Official cie igcse 2017 may/june thread + predictions

Scroll to see replies

Just did first language English about parrots also. Thought I did pretty well. Summary was challenging to find valid points. About to sit Cambridge history in an hour. Wish me luck. Studying only LON and Road to war from now until then.
Original post by Life's-failure
Same!! It was like the text didn't go with the question! The first question was really hard

i hate parrots now. q2 brought tears to my eyes. NO LITERARY TECHNIQUES!
Original post by nish2910
i hate parrots now. q2 brought tears to my eyes. NO LITERARY TECHNIQUES!

Only one I could find was that quote using alliteration about magicians
Original post by smithsterr
Only one I could find was that quote using alliteration about magicians

same but i had nothing to say :frown: was aiming for an A* as well.
Anyone about to sit History? Cambridge.
What did you guys say for the third bullet point on the first question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by koala789
Well for CIE history on Friday you're guaranteed 4/6/10s on the LoN and the road to WW2 if that's any use?

Original post by Radioactive DK
Hey, so we've pretty much predicted the topics for the first sets of questions in history. What about the depth study sets? What could the two sets be for WW1?

Original post by SomMC1
Which depth study are you specifically doing?
I am doing Germany.
In Germany there are 2 main sections: Weimar and Nazi Germany.
80% of the times there is 1 question from weimar and 1 from nazi. A couple times BOTH were Nazi but never 2 questions from weimar.

If you do any other depth study, all carefully at the syllabus of the depth study and check where there are any 'splits' in the content - like in Germany there is pre Hitler Era and a section dealing with Hitler.

As far as me and Germany, Im only studying Nazi Germany. As I said, i am pretty much garanteed a nazi question.

Let me know if you need any help :smile:
- T

Original post by Joe-Mac
yeah I have CIE english language and CIE history tomorrow. For History I'm pretty sure League will turn up, but that's just my guess. I have a feeling cold war might come up cos I haven't seen that in any recent past papers. Hoping that there is hitler's territorial gains in the 30s though, maybe vietnam too

which topics are the easiest to study for history?
which websites did you use for online learning/research?
which books did you use?
can anyone provide model or sample answers that are considered top marks standard?

Original post by azwazzy
go in straight with the analysis
Dont do PEE
DO QME
quote meaning effect

this sounds interesting. never heard of it before. could you explain further? thanks.
Original post by nana2001
What did you guys say for the third bullet point on the first question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remind me what the third bullet point was please
It was talk about harrolds options

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did English Language and History 0470/12 today. History Core Content was a DREAM, depth study was slightly iffy but not awful. English Language was a JOKE!!! The format of the first question!! Parrots!! The summary!!! Just crazy. Crazy!!! Had been aiming for an A* as well as as I slayed my coursework and English is my best and favourite subject :o:(:frown::frown: yikes what a messssss :colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by solark
How did everyone do???? I had paper 21 about parrots and i found it very hard to be honest :frown:

OMG it was insanely bad! Such a shame as I love English
N i g g e r s
Reply 73
Original post by Audrey18
which topics are the easiest to study for history?
which websites did you use for online learning/research?
which books did you use?
can anyone provide model or sample answers that are considered top marks standard?

this sounds interesting. never heard of it before. could you explain further? thanks.

Quote means the E in P"E"E, an alternative for evidence.
Its placed in the beginning because in english exams, language is key.

M stands for meaning which can be literal or symbolic

E is the effect it has on the reader
Reply 74
Original post by rohangupta3112
Did beryl actually come back or was it a flashback?

She came back, but he left the window half-open at the end "just in case" because he lowkey believed that birds "can never be domesticated" and that they belong to nature
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by nish2910
same but i had nothing to say :frown: was aiming for an A* as well.

I talked about the alliteration of morphing magicians and its contrast with the sibilance in "softly, carefully stroking, smoothly" swell as the "excruciating" stickers and the hyperbole
Grade boundaries will probably be low since it was hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heretotalkigcse
Grade boundaries will probably be low since it was hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

Waaaaah I hope so!! What are they usually? Xx
Original post by smithsterr
Anyone about to sit History? Cambridge.

I'm confused about people sitting history this afternoon as I did it this morning :s-smilie: regardless, hope it goes/went well (to you and previous commenter)! X
Original post by azwazzy
I talked about the alliteration of morphing magicians and its contrast with the sibilance in "softly, carefully stroking, smoothly" swell as the "excruciating" stickers and the hyperbole

that's so good! and i rly hope grade boundaries are low. x

Quick Reply

Latest