The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Sociology Unit 2 Thursday 18th May 2017

How did people find this paper? I thought the paper would be difficult but it was easy.
i liked it ..i'm feeling quite confident about it (I'm aiming for a low A or a high B)
Original post by ggxsywes
i liked it ..i'm feeling quite confident about it (I'm aiming for a low A or a high B)

That's good. Do you remember the two mark questions for mass media and social inequality?
Original post by studentbeast
That's good. Do you remember the two mark questions for mass media and social inequality?

i dont know about social inequality but the mass media one was 1 advantage and 1 disadvantage of young people using social media more...
I never remember the questions after the exam lol . I couldn't even tell which topic was more difficult because i didn't exactly go in order.
ohmygod i answered the first question about which ethnicity was more likely to commit crime the moment the invigilator told us to stop writing ..i could've easily lost 1 mark :frown:
Found unit 1 alright but unit 2 quite hard! The 12 marker on unit one about marriage still being important threw me! In unit 2 I basically guessed all of the 12 markers - anyone else recycle copycat violence and desensitisation for 2 consecutive questions??? The one and two markers also seemed really hard this year? I also was shorter on time than usual - anybody else?
Original post by AnnieBrett-Smith
Found unit 1 alright but unit 2 quite hard! The 12 marker on unit one about marriage still being important threw me! In unit 2 I basically guessed all of the 12 markers - anyone else recycle copycat violence and desensitisation for 2 consecutive questions??? The one and two markers also seemed really hard this year? I also was shorter on time than usual - anybody else?

The 12 markers were alright you know. It could have been a lot worse. Yeah some of the one and two markers were a bit difficult too
i thought paper 1 was a piece of p** but paper 2 was hard, i admit. i recycled most of my answers for the 12 markers and just did loads of reasons for both sides so hopefully i will do okay. i don't think that paper will make the grade boundaries any lower though, my teacher thought it was a decent paper and she's usually a good judge of those kinda things.

good luck to everyone anyway :smile:
Reply 7
I found the 2 marker about what makes a democratic society quite hard
Reply 8
i dont know about social inequality but the mass media one was 1 advantage and 1 disadvantage of young people using social media more...
I never remember the questions after the exam lol . I couldn't even tell which topic was more difficult because i didn't exactly go in order.
ohmygod i answered the first question about which ethnicity was more likely to commit crime the moment the invigilator told us to stop writing ..i could've easily lost 1 mark :frown:

What did you write ?
Reply 9

The 2 marker was how do we measure crime right ? Victim surveys self report studies
Reply 10

1 marker was editors
Reply 11
Original post by AnnieBrett-Smith

Should've done the extended family as it's an easier markscheme to get a 12 😉
Reply 12
DID ANYONE GET EDITORS FOR THE 1 marker in MASS MEDIA , it was so confusing
Reply 13
Anyone recall editors for 1 marker
Reply 14
Original post by studentbeast
How did people find this paper? I thought the paper would be difficult but it was easy.

Did u get editors for the 1 marker in mass media
Hey, i have my sociology mock paper2 2017 tomorrow, Does anyone remember the 5 markers for Mass Media??? Or the 12 markers for crime??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending