The Student Room Group

Anyone retaking old spec A level AQA Biology (BIOL1/BIOL2/BIOL5) ?

How is revision going? And how did you do last year?

Scroll to see replies

I sat those exams - the writers hate everyone and everything, and I failed. But hey, I'm still at uni
Original post by BerniHurton
I sat those exams - the writers hate everyone and everything, and I failed. But hey, I'm still at uni

I hate AQA BIOLOGY so much. Other exam boards are 100% easier for Biology. but AQA...
not long left now! hope you're ready & good luck :biggrin:
Original post by Ismail786
not long left now! hope you're ready & good luck :biggrin:

did you do these exams? Will you retake in summer?
yep im resitting all 4 units
Original post by Ismail786
yep im resitting all 4 units

How much papers have u done?
all of them, twice. some thrice
Original post by CrazyFoxes
How much papers have u done?

all of them, twice. some thrice
**** twice all of them? Wow lol that must have taken alot of time.My aim is around 15-20 for each unit haha.Nice!
YAY! I've found somebody else also doing the legacy papers! I honestly thought I might be the only one. How have you been finding it? Have you also been self-teaching throughout the year?

I was thinking...because there's only a few people sitting the papers the grade boundaries are either going to be extremely low or extremely high...

Do let me know how you get on!
Original post by umbz4839
YAY! I've found somebody else also doing the legacy papers! I honestly thought I might be the only one. How have you been finding it? Have you also been self-teaching throughout the year?

I was thinking...because there's only a few people sitting the papers the grade boundaries are either going to be extremely low or extremely high...

Do let me know how you get on!

Hello! I'm retaking because I had issues previous years. I hope it goes well. What grade are you aiming for? And do you know any other people doing it?

I self taught myself this year. Any predictions for the topics which you think will come up?
Original post by Kira Yagami
Hello! I'm retaking because I had issues previous years. I hope it goes well. What grade are you aiming for? And do you know any other people doing it?

I self taught myself this year. Any predictions for the topics which you think will come up?

Hope it goes well for you too! I need an A to get into dentistry eek! A couple of my friends are doing 1 or 2 of the exams but not all.

I honestly have no idea what's going to be coming up but trying to cram revise everything! I'm very worried about the BIOL5 essay as I did terribly last year and I have no one to mark them this year!
For the maginifaction one

I got 0.42

For the hear rate i got 85.7

For the Cardiac output I got 8741.4 (stroke volume is 152-50).

For the enzyme one I talked about non competitive inhibition (they usually except both, but the shapes of both molecules were really different).
How did you find it? They recycled the passage question and a few other questions. Never thought AQA would do that.
For the water potential one, I put 0.28.

I got 4 to 16 for the volume bit.
Original post by umbz4839
Hope it goes well for you too! I need an A to get into dentistry eek! A couple of my friends are doing 1 or 2 of the exams but not all.

I honestly have no idea what's going to be coming up but trying to cram revise everything! I'm very worried about the BIOL5 essay as I did terribly last year and I have no one to mark them this year!

Hi, how was it?
For the cardiac output I forgot to takeaway and got 13000😂😂😂, and I got 0.44, but my other friend 4x10-7 for magnification, apart from that it was pretty good
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Kira Yagami
For the maginifaction one

I got 0.42

For the hear rate i got 85.7

For the Cardiac output I got 8741.4 (stroke volume is 152-50).

For the enzyme one I talked about non competitive inhibition (they usually except both, but the shapes of both molecules were really different).

Ideally its best to round up to 86 for the heart rate as you cant get .7 of a heart beat. As for the inhibitor the mark scheme will likely accept either but if the shape is given and the shapes are similar then the question is always asking about competitive inhibition not non-competitive.
Original post by MJD15
Ideally its best to round up to 86 for the heart rate as you cant get .7 of a heart beat. As for the inhibitor the mark scheme will likely accept either but if the shape is given and the shapes are similar then the question is always asking about competitive inhibition not non-competitive.

Yeah I've checked past mark schemes and they would accept 85.7 (they recycled this question btw)

How did you find it?

Did you get the same answers as me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending