The Student Room Group

is A level physics harder than A level biology ?

Original post by revengeofjdwag

Yup if you're half decent at revising
is it harder than maths?
Reply 3
Original post by Needchemhlp
Yup if you're half decent at revising

For sure! Much harder Bio isn't easy but it's significantly easier than physics!
Reply 4
is it harder than maths?

I think it's more of a personal preference - personally I find maths much easier than bio
that's completely opinion based but AS wise i can confirm imo that physics despite me being very good maths wise is BY FAR harder.

I dropped biology after AS but i feel that if i did A2 biology with the A2 physics then physics would still be harder as biology is nicer maths wise and as long as you can remember the information you can do pretty well. In physics the maths questions are riddled with tricks, the practical section requires so much more than simply remembering the practicals, and the questions can be very decieving in physics.

again, id like to repeat I havent taken A2 biology so i dont know which is definitely harder but from my AS experience i know physics is a nightmare and i believe to be considered the hardest A level closely followed by further maths
is it harder than maths?

Im only at AS level and maths hasnt been that bad, people say it gets worse and im pretty sure later on ull start finding physics getting easier ( you become more comfortable with the types of questions)
Original post by Needchemhlp
Im only at AS level and maths hasnt been that bad, people say it gets worse and im pretty sure later on ull start finding physics getting easier ( you become more comfortable with the types of questions)

Year 2 physics is like running into a brick wall, and when you see the trig in c3 and intergration in c4, biology starts feeling like a piss take

Quick Reply

Latest