The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies - BUSS 3: June 12th 2017 (Old Spec for Resits)

How is everyone feeling about the exam - Under three weeks away now :K:!!

Does anyone have any predictions on what might come up??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Andreww222
How is everyone feeling about the exam - Under three weeks away now :K:!!

Does anyone have any predictions on what might come up??

Feeling ready, you? Just worried about being time pressured.
Reply 2
Hey I used revel's notes for my revision for BUSS1 and have done the same for BUSS3 if anyone wanted any tips
Reply 3
Original post by mayhs98
Hey I used revel's notes for my revision for BUSS1 and have done the same for BUSS3 if anyone wanted any tips

what are revel's notes??
Reply 4
Original post by N-B
what are revel's notes??

Thats along with tutor2u quick revision guide: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=53411525#post53411525

Yourself?
Reply 5
Original post by mayhs98
Thats along with tutor2u quick revision guide: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=53411525#post53411525

Yourself?

Thanks! Been practicing past papers, exam technique is important. You feeling ready?
Reply 6
Original post by N-B
Thanks! Been practicing past papers, exam technique is important. You feeling ready?

Yes exam technique very important indeed. Feeling pretty good
Reply 7
Original post by mayhs98
Yes exam technique very important indeed. Feeling pretty good

Good good. Do you have a definitions list for Buss 3?
Reply 8
Original post by N-B

I dont sorry. Im sure if you google it tutor2u might have one
Reply 9
How are you guys splitting up the timings for each question plus the case study?? I'm thinking 10 minutes for the case study, 10 minutes for Q1, 25 minutes for Q2, 25 minutes for Q3 and 40 minutes for Q4 - leaves 5 minutes to plan for the questions
Hi, I've covered almost all the content in BUSS3 but not so confident on exam technique. Is there anyone who can maybe go over how much you have to write per question/how to structure it? Or if there's any links that explain how to?

thanks!
Reply 11
Original post by Andreww222
How are you guys splitting up the timings for each question plus the case study?? I'm thinking 10 minutes for the case study, 10 minutes for Q1, 25 minutes for Q2, 25 minutes for Q3 and 40 minutes for Q4 - leaves 5 minutes to plan for the questions

I give myself:
15 mins for Q1 and to go through the case study
25 mins for Q2
25 mins for Q3
40 mins for Q4
Does anyone know what it means if the critical path changes?? For example, it sometimes says that a director feels it will take 15 weeks for an activity rather than 5 - it changes the critical path but I don't know what that means!

I know that the overall project will be delayed but does it have an effect on any other activities? Please help!!!
The critical path identifies all the activities which have no (ZERO) float time. These are all the activities that must finish on time. If these activities overrun the whole project will be delayed. This is what is known as the Critical Path. Float Time: IFT (Latest finishing time) minus DURATION minus EST (Earliest finishing time)
Original post by N-B

Hope this helps. I typed up every defintion from the AQA A2 Book.
I am hoping to use the PEEL Technique. With Answer & Justify evaluation for Q2 and Q3. For Q4 I am hoping to use AJUDGE (evalaution):
Answer
Justify
Use the data/info to support
Date - missing?
Give a third way
Eliminate the downsides

If you have a chance, have a look at the markers reports on AQA, always a good indicator on how to improve your answer.
Just something I collated to identify how to achieve GAp, Ran, E3 using a number of mark schemes and examiner reports.
Hope this helps.

I have june 2013 and june 2014 worked answers as well.

Worked answers written by tutor2u experienced buss3 teachers and and marked by buss3 examiners.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by PoliticalGeek
Hope this helps. I typed up every defintion from the AQA A2 Book.

Thanks! Made one yesterday tho lol. How are you feeling for the exam?
Original post by N-B
Thanks! Made one yesterday tho lol. How are you feeling for the exam?

I'm feeling good. I've got all the theory. Struggling a touch with buss2 income elasticity of demand and price. But there's only usually one statistic on this, and it can be ignored.

I've been advised to use at least one business model per paragraph, thats the only thing I am struggling on.

What abut you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending