The Student Room Group

Wjec english language

How did everyone find it??
I thought I'd never have to read anything from Charles Dickens ever again in my life. Turns out I was wrong.
Reply 2
Honestly thought it went well, section B was DELIGHTFUL when I flicked over the page
Reply 3
Ahahhahaha 😂😂😂😂
Reply 4
How many pages did everyone write I only did 6 :frown:
Reply 5
Just completed one 16 page booklet my handwriting is huge thou
Wait is this the exam for centres in England or Wales?
Reply 7
England
Reply 8
I think I did badly - I put the wrong ending for the letter. I wrote 10 pages.^
Reply 9
I do the welsh board but from England
Original post by Joeet33
How many pages did everyone write I only did 6 :frown:

Quality, not quantity
Ah, ok, just making sure this is the right exam as not many schools do WJEC in England. Speech and Letter were the best options to come up tbh.
Original post by Tasha xxx
How did everyone find it??

I found it ok. 1st paper was easier, felt this was a bit tricky at first (I was worried if I'd finish in time, thankfully did). But then when I went over it, it was ok, not so bad as I 1st thought. Paper 1 much easier though.
Paper one was a lot easier. Charles Dickens texts are so hard. What did you all write for the thoughts and feelings question? It is tricky because it ask what your thoughts and feelings are about his views, which can be tricky.
Reply 14
Original post by Zonyali123
Paper one was a lot easier. Charles Dickens texts are so hard. What did you all write for the thoughts and feelings question? It is tricky because it ask what your thoughts and feelings are about his views, which can be tricky.

I put how the prisoners were seen with no identity and treated like animals to sum it up
Original post by Joeet33
I put how the prisoners were seen with no identity and treated like animals to sum it up

Yes I said something about them being treated like animals because the writer referred to them as creatures. Is that the quote you used for evidence? I summed up what I think his views are and then just said that I agree and that readers may think that the conditions aren't pleasant and things like that. I find this question hard because I get mixed up with the writer's thoughts and my thoughts about his view.
I remember saying that 'hopeless' has connotations of giving up which makes me think that Dickens view was that the prisoners were giving up because of the conditions. I don't know whether this was relevant.
(edited 6 years ago)
The writing side was great! Only questions I didn't like were the 10 marker on the Dickens text about his thoughts and feelings, and the 10 marker comparing the two (couldn't find too many points). Think it went alright overall though - what does everyone think grade boundaries might be for English language?
Found it okay, struggled on question 6 though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending