The Student Room Group

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aerospengie
We shouldn't jump to conclusions - for all you know it was a muslim.

And even if it was a white person, we need to understand the process of radicalisation and the effect that muslim violence has on fostering radical beliefs in the community.

Muslims need to change and become more tolerant and accepting, we need to ban hate preachers and the like in order not to give oxygen to radicals that distort the peaceful teachings of christ to drive lone men to commit acts of violence.

You've posted this multiple times, I understand you're angry because no one is giving you enough attention but lay off it.
Original post by mashbbk
I wouldn't, it might even offend people who actually have mental health issues. (This guy may or may not have mental health issues, but it isn't a requirement to do said actions).

Hatred on this level I would say is a psychological problem which I also believe can be treated.
Original post by mashbbk
I don't agree with the idea that people are clearly suffering from mental health issues. I don't view the Lee Rigby murderers as having mental health issues. Hatred is a different beast altogether, unrelated to mental health issues in my view.

Not to say you can't have both hatred induced killings and mental health issues, but they are independent of each other.

Would you class Osama as having mental health issues? I wouldn't.

I'm sorry but you've got to have a few screws loose upstairs to think that just because you don't like someones ideology, the logical conclusion would be to go and try to kill a few of them.
It was a disgusting Terrorist attack.

I am deeply saddened by this attack, and my thoughts and prayers are with the innocent victims.

Lastly, I want to say that all lives are equal, and that Muslims are humans too. There can be absolutely no justification for such attacks. We are all human beings, and we all deserve to live in peace.
Reply 204
Original post by mashbbk
I don't agree with the idea that people are clearly suffering from mental health issues. I don't view the Lee Rigby murderers as having mental health issues. Hatred is a different beast altogether, unrelated to mental health issues in my view.

Not to say you can't have both hatred induced killings and mental health issues, but they are independent of each other.

Would you class Osama as having mental health issues? I wouldn't.
Anyone capable of deliberately inflicting death and injury on innocent civilians is suffering from psycho- or sociopathy, at least.

Whatever you political motivations or grievances, no sane person can hack at someone's head with knives until they can only be identified by their dental records (and one of them was diagnosed as borderline schizophrenic and currently resides in Broadmoor).
Reply 205
Original post by Rooster11366
Just because they do not see them as Muslims. Does not mean they are not Muslims.
Obviously not, but an ISIS attacker would not say "I want to kill Muslims", they would say "I want to kill Munafiq" or similar.
apparently it was outside a mosque, so Muslims can't be blamed for this!
Original post by Meany Pie
Hatred on this level I would say is a psychological problem which I also believe can be treated.

Possibly treated, but in my view not in a medical way.

Hatred on any level is a problem, psychological yes but everything in some way is psychological - it is rather human nature of blame shifting and seeking justice to cope emotionally.

I would distance it from mental health issues in that, I don't think the decision was done due to a lack of mental capacity or an actual mental impairment or issue (that some people actually suffer).

If we didn't, every criminal would have to have diminished sentences on the basis of having mental health issues.
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
I'm sorry but you've got to have a few screws loose upstairs to think that just because you don't like someones ideology, the logical conclusion would be to go and try to kill a few of them.

If you are referring to ISIS, you just have to look at their video's to see how they get people to kill - they show innocent people dying, to instill hate in them to commit pretty much revenge attacks. It has very little to do with them disliking your ideology.
Original post by Meany Pie
Wouldn't you agree that anyone who sets out to kill innocent people is suffering from a mental health condition?

No. You can murder without a mental health illness. Bs.
Original post by Lord Gaben
Lastly, I want to say that all lives are equal, and that Muslims are humans too. There can be absolutely no justification for such attacks. We are all human beings, and we all deserve to live in peace.

Well said bud!
Every time I say this, someone calls me stupid and I get accused of being a terrorist sympathiser!
Original post by mashbbk
If you are referring to ISIS, you just have to look at their video's to see how they get people to kill - they show innocent people dying, to instill hate in them to commit pretty much revenge attacks. It has very little to do with them disliking your ideology.

I was referring to the man behind the attack this thread is discussing.
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334

You do know it was done be people who weren't Muslim to Muslims? Just saying cus I didn't get your post :confused:
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334

Do you read?
Original post by Future.
You do know it was done be people who weren't Muslim to Muslims? Just saying cus I didn't get your post :confused:

I knew that, coz why would Muslims attack a Mosque?
No sense there
Original post by QE2
Anyone capable of deliberately inflicting death and injury on innocent civilians is suffering from psycho- or sociopathy, at least.

Whatever you political motivations or grievances, no sane person can hack at someone's head with knives until they can only be identified by their dental records (and one of them was diagnosed as borderline schizophrenic and currently resides in Broadmoor).

I know for us sane rational people it seems unimaginable (if only to make us cope with the experience better) to do such an act without being insane, but in my view it is very possible.

A lot of people who commit crimes I am sure around the world did suffer form mental health issues, but I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that most or even a sizable majority do. I do class mental health issues as someone who's brain actually doesn't function normally. I think a normal brain is susceptible to being able to hate/justify enough to do these attacks, me and you included (but hopefully not!).
Original post by Script Kiddie
Do you read?

Yes I do.
Why?
You callin' me stupid?
Original post by Future.
No. You can murder without a mental health illness. Bs.

Sane people don't murder, it may not be a clinically recognised condition but in my opinion it is still a mental deficiency.
Original post by QE2
Obviously not, but an ISIS attacker would not say "I want to kill Muslims", they would say "I want to kill Munafiq" or similar.

Don't forget they keep changing how they do things.

If they think it would get them more press.
I would suspect if they think it would I guess they would.
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
I was referring to the man behind the attack this thread is discussing.

Well if I had to guess, this guy did this in response to the other terrorist attacks, not because he disagrees with Islam. He may very well disagree with Islam, but I wouldn't have thought that was the reason he did the attack - I see it as revenge for ISIS killing "non-muslims". I can't prove it of course, but meh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending