The Student Room Group

What would you do if you got your hands on an official exam paper before exam day?

Poll

What would you do if you received a copy of an exam before exam day?

After seeing a few idiots over the last month pretend that they have access to exam papers before they're sat (and some trying to make a profit out of it), I was wondering what most students would do if they actually did manage to get a copy of an exam. Be honest!

(Private poll)
(edited 6 years ago)
i probably wouldn't tell anyone. I dont want others to benefit
Would keep it to myself , if i had a sibling doing the same paper id tell them tho.
Anyone who doesn't say they would look at it and not tell anyone is lying :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)
lol so I have a friend in Vienna who actually had all the IB exams before he sat them.
He got expelled.

Here's what happened basically:
He got a teacher's password by using a BadUSB.
He was able to log into the school system, Sokrates, and could download upcoming exams and change anyone's grades.
He sold the papers to other students in the grade and changed his grades to 97-100% on all exams.
The Physics teacher caught on because he is a pretty **** student and was expected to get like 50-60% on the exam, and so when brought up, other teachers realized he got a better score on the test than expected. The IT department checked who edited the grades, and my friend being an idiot, logged in through his school computer without a VPN to the grading system.
He ended up getting expelled after the 1st year in IB.
School is AIS Vienna
(edited 6 years ago)
Would of listened to him and got the paper
drill a hole in it and thrust like mad. the exam will get ****ed by me just like i'll get ****ed by it
Reply 7
Original post by Protostar

Yeah. I'd look at it, google the answers go over the answers of the paper again and keep it to myself.
Original post by S2M
Yeah. I'd look at it, google the answers go over the answers of the paper again and keep it to myself.

Dm me
Reply 9
Original post by Ggddhbdcore3
Dm me

Lmao why? What happened?
Original post by S2M
Lmao why? What happened?

Do it. Rust me
Reply 11
Original post by Ggddhbdcore3
Do it. Rust me

Ok.
Original post by Protostar

I think pretty much everyone would look at it. But I dont think they would tell everyone/anyone about it? I probably wouldn't tbh. I wouldn't tell anyone that is, I would look at it though.
Reply 13
In my old school there was a tuition group that all the tamil kids and their chums went to. The tuition master knew a guy who worked at edexcel and he leaked them the C2 and C3 papers for 2009 and 2010 respectively. They got the papers hand written before the exam. Some of the people who got the paper got 97 UMS while others got 100 UMS. Some intentionally made a mistake or two to cover it up.

Pretty sad now that I look back, we had this one guy who got 77 in C1 all of a sudden get 100 in C2. I legit asked him how did you do it, he managed to keep a straight face, the cheating prick.
Reply 14
It's not worth the hassle of telling anyone. Your friends will most likely tell others and the news will leak. Telling the authorities will get you in shhitt because they will wonder how the paper got out.

The most honest thing to do is tell no one and not look at the paper.
I'd look at the paper, take notes on it and burn the original paper. Definitely not sharing it with anyone else - got to keep those grade boundaries low :biggrin:!

Quick Reply

Latest