The Student Room Group

Intro to ALevels- Help!

Sorry if I am intruding into the A-Level section but i reall need help/advice. I have just finished my gcses and am planning to study English Literature, English Language, History and psychology as well as completing the EPQ. I was wondering if there are any helpful ways to spend my time preparing for these. I'm not definite on all the exam boards (though I know english literature is aqa and i think history may be the same) and we don't know our books/play/poetry etc for literature yet but is there anything i can do, any activities or websites etc that would be of any use to help prepare? I don't want to waste my summer doing anything and I'm already tackling the texts i've not read on our possible study list. Many thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by ewarner2000
Sorry if I am intruding into the A-Level section but i reall need help/advice. I have just finished my gcses and am planning to study English Literature, English Language, History and psychology as well as completing the EPQ. I was wondering if there are any helpful ways to spend my time preparing for these. I'm not definite on all the exam boards (though I know english literature is aqa and i think history may be the same) and we don't know our books/play/poetry etc for literature yet but is there anything i can do, any activities or websites etc that would be of any use to help prepare? I don't want to waste my summer doing anything and I'm already tackling the texts i've not read on our possible study list. Many thanks x

Hey I'm not doing English next year but my English teacher advised that if you are, you should just keep reading throughout the holiday! She adviced Bill Bryson amongst other names (I've read some Bryson books before so they'd why I remember him- I recommend those btw). Maybe start getting into reading s variety of poetry too- any sort of reading for English is helpful!

For history, do you know roughly the eras? Maybe watch some documentaries or read some books on different areas of history that you will be studying.
Original post by Pastelx
Hey I'm not doing English next year but my English teacher advised that if you are, you should just keep reading throughout the holiday! She adviced Bill Bryson amongst other names (I've read some Bryson books before so they'd why I remember him- I recommend those btw). Maybe start getting into reading s variety of poetry too- any sort of reading for English is helpful!

For history, do you know roughly the eras? Maybe watch some documentaries or read some books on different areas of history that you will be studying.

ooh not heard of Bill Bryson before! With history I know we're doing a US Depth study (1865-1975) and i want to say war of the roses but have no clue on anything else. Thank you for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest