The Student Room Group

A Level (GCE) Sciences

What would most of you say is overall Easier Physics or Biology GSCE ? I'd say Biology is much longer and requires much more precise memorization and understanding while Physics can be quite easy if you grasp the formula's and so on and so forth .... What do you guys think I should take between these 2 ?
are you talking about which one you should take to a level? :smile:
Original post by ashaxo99
are you talking about which one you should take to a level? :smile:

Yes in a sense but also asking what people generally find easier at GSCE Level between these two
Biology is content-heavy but I don't think it's really difficult. Physics is just maths but with context. So I'd say biology is easier but I'm personally doing physics at A-Level because it's nowhere near as boring.
Whats a GSCE?
personally i would say that at gcse i found no difference between the two in terms of difficulty but in fact did better at physics by a mark or so simply because i'm a fan of maths. so i guess it really depends on what you enjoy and whether you're okay with maths or not, although i would like to think that at gcse, physics was a bit more complex than biology. for physics it felt like it was more about understanding whereas with biology, where you could just memorise and still be fine. but this is only for GCSE and it may be very different at a level :smile:
Original post by LegionArmies70
What would most of you say is overall Easier Physics or Biology GSCE ? I'd say Biology is much longer and requires much more precise memorization and understanding while Physics can be quite easy if you grasp the formula's and so on and so forth .... What do you guys think I should take between these 2 ?

I found Physics easier but I'm a far more math-oriented person. Biology is rather tough since they're very pedantic about wording - this may be a problem for you considering your spelling of "GCSE" xD. The trick is knowing what the examiners want to see.
Original post by TheMindGarage
I found Physics easier but I'm a far more math-oriented person. Biology is rather tough since they're very pedantic about wording - this may be a problem for you considering your spelling of "GCSE" xD. The trick is knowing what the examiners want to see.

Yes that was a typo mistake sorry ... I struggle with this often considering how fast I type on the phone

Quick Reply

Latest