The Student Room Group

Why are you on Tsr

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sacred Ground
@WoodyMKC

He needs friends, pm him.

I'm not the one who's still got someone else on their mind because they've got nothing else going on, pal :wink:
Original post by WoodyMKC
I'm not the one who's still got someone else on their mind because they've got nothing else going on, pal :wink:

I've got nothing going on? The hypocrisy coming from a late 20 year old who browses TSR to make buddies. Cool. I'm not judging (well, maybe a tad.) Anyhow, I just feel sorry for you... I'm an empathetic guy
I've got nothing going on? The hypocrisy coming from a late 20 year old who browses TSR to make buddies. Cool. I'm not judging (well, maybe a tad.) Anyhow, I just feel sorry for you... I'm an empathetic guy

You seem to know a lot about me, quite creepy tbh. All I know about you is you have a habit of asking people for advice directly, then being a cock to them later on without being provoked.

If you must know things about me and you seem to know so much and yet so little, I'll tell you this - I have a fluctuating health condition that on some days leaves me so physically fatigued that I'm almost bed-bound. On these days I literally have nothing to do than to go on the internet, watch TV or play a game, or even get a bit of work done if I have any outstanding. I'm a social person and like interacting with people, so when I can't get out and about and interact with my friends and family, the internet is a secondary medium of social interaction. I have a good circle of close friends and family, but with the above taken into account it's not possible to see people every day for me. Does this mean that every time I'm using TSR, it's because I'm fatigued? No. I've grown to enjoy using the site when I'm at home relaxing anyway. However, that's my main reason, that I don't talk about much cause I don't like whinging about my problems.
(edited 6 years ago)
You seem to know a lot about me, quite creepy tbh. All I know about you is you have a habit of asking people for advice directly, then being a cock to them later on without being provoked.

If you must know things about me and you seem to know so much and yet so little, I'll tell you this - I have a fluctuating health condition that on some days leaves me so physically fatigued that I'm almost bed-bound. On these days I literally have nothing to do than to go on the internet, watch TV or play a game, or even get a bit of work done if I have any outstanding. I'm a social person and like interacting with people, so when I can't get out and about and interact with my friends and family, the internet is a secondary medium of social interaction. I have a good circle of close friends and family, but with the above taken into account it's not possible to see people every day for me. Does this mean that every time I'm using TSR, it's because I'm fatigued? No. I've grown to enjoy using the site when I'm at home relaxing anyway. However, that's my main reason, that I don't talk about much cause I don't like whinging about my problems.

I recall being a bit rude to you once and you seem to have taken it to heart since. I'm rarely rude to people.
To fill a lonely void in my life

Nah not that deep, I just hate myself
Joined when i was about to do my standard grades (equiv. to gcses) circa 2011. Hung around the ScotQuals subforum and the year 11 thread a lot - made many a friend through those. Then started branching out when uni applications began for advice etc, started also giving advice out for applying to US unis and stuff. Also was heavily into uni reputation debates and what-not.

Got involved pretty heavily with the investment banking + consulting, law and general careers subforum by giving advice based on my research into said careers/conversations with professionals. put in app to become the moderator for the IB sub-forum and got it.

Nowadays I use it when i'm bored to give advice/participate in random debates/look over the ib&careers stuff.

the main reason was none of my friends at school had the same ambitions as the ones on here, collegeconfidential etc did. so not as many people to relate to.
(edited 6 years ago)
I recall being a bit rude to you once and you seem to have taken it to heart since. I'm rarely rude to people.

Well, I don't follow all your posts of course but the one thing that made me think "this guy is a prick" is the fact that I took the time to answer a bunch of your questions in the past and then not long later you were hurling insults at me just because I said something you didn't agree with. I also saw you throwing personal insults at RobML once after he uploaded a photo of himself. Only takes a few instances for me to form a negative opinion on someone. So with that in mind, of course I'm not going to take it as a joke when you tagged me into the other thread in a negative connotation, which you said was a joke but it just seemed like back-pedalling to me, forgive me if I'm wrong.
i applied in year 9 where i did small queries but as im starting GCSEs next year (well, I started GCSE science and RS this year) i guess TSR will be even more helpful for me so ill use it for GCSEs, A-Levels lets see...
Well, I don't follow all your posts of course but the one thing that made me think "this guy is a prick" is the fact that I took the time to answer a bunch of your questions in the past and then not long later you were hurling insults at me just because I said something you didn't agree with. I also saw you throwing personal insults at RobML once after he uploaded a photo of himself. Only takes a few instances for me to form a negative opinion on someone. So with that in mind, of course I'm not going to take it as a joke when you tagged me into the other thread in a negative connotation, which you said was a joke but it just seemed like back-pedalling to me, forgive me if I'm wrong.

You're entirely wrong. I've never hurled insults at you; RobMl initiated and I merely reciprocated. It wasn't even a negative post to be honest, you just took it that way.
You can think I'm a prick all you want because at the end of the day I know I'm more compassionate and caring than you
You're entirely wrong. I've never hurled insults at you; RobMl initiated and I merely reciprocated. It wasn't even a negative post to be honest, you just took it that way.
You can think I'm a prick all you want because at the end of the day I know I'm more compassionate and caring than you

You might very well be more than me for all I know - although, I'm also a very compassionate and caring person, love helping people, you'll very rarely find me being actively nasty toward people unless they're in my bad books, and I also work with the disabled for a living helping them claim disability benefits and have to express 0 prejudice and 100% understanding, so I'm not at all heartless - and you might not be a prick at all, but I'm just saying, that's the impression I've gotten from some of your posts.
(edited 6 years ago)
You might very well be more than me for all I know - although, I'm also a very compassionate and caring person, love helping people, you'll very rarely find me being actively nasty toward people unless they're in my bad books, and I also work with the disabled for a living helping them claim disability benefits and have to express 0 prejudice and 100% understanding, so I'm not at all heartless - and you might not be a prick at all, but I'm just saying, that's the impression I've gotten from some of your posts.

Great. I'll spend the rest of my working life looking after people, but I am a prick after all. Cheers marra
Original post by safari24
I have no idea; I am thinking of moving on to Reddit because I feel I am getting too old for this site

reddit is 10000000% better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great. I'll spend the rest of my working life looking after people, but I am a prick after all. Cheers marra

Well, as I said, my initial impression of you was based on what I've seen and that impression may have been incorrect, and tbh I'd have thought nothing more of it if you didn't tag me in a negative connotation after we'd already had crossed words in the past, as I tend not to hold grudges. We've both flung s*** at each other so neither of us are in the right here either way, but my opinion of people can change over time if I see them behaving differently to what I've seen so far.
To get into a girls panties.

Spoiler

I can't remember what I put in them but the first statement is still kinda true !!!
Original post by SGHD26716
So what you're saying is you're scared of annoying your friends so you annoy random strangers over the internet instead, where there's no consequences for your actions. 😂😂😂

Basically :biggrin:
Well, as I said, my initial impression of you was based on what I've seen and that impression may have been incorrect, and tbh I'd have thought nothing more of it if you didn't tag me in a negative connotation after we'd already had crossed words in the past, as I tend not to hold grudges. We've both flung s*** at each other so neither of us are in the right here either way, but my opinion of people can change over time if I see them behaving differently to what I've seen so far.

I come on here to help people applying to medical school / give A level advice. I am very rarely in the chat section unless it's on a poll, so I'm really not sure where you've seen me being a prick. Sure I did have an exchange of words with RobMl in the past but isn't he banned now? I think that shows who was in the wrong. As for our disagreements, I really don't recall what it was on but I definitely apologised at the time
Well because I'm having an affair with a 47 year old
I found it when I was looking for help to write my personal statement, but now it think it's quite helpful for me to get use to uk student life. I'm applying to study in Manchester or Nottingham and I've never been in England, so it's nice to meet people here
Original post by TagridS
I found it when I was looking for help to write my personal statement, but now it think it's quite helpful for me to get use to uk student life. I'm applying to study in Manchester or Nottingham and I've never been in England, so it's nice to meet people here

What country do u live in?

Quick Reply

Latest