The Student Room Group

Teacher who had sex with pupil banned from profession

Eleanor Wilson, 28, who had sex with a student in a plane toilet on a school trip has been banned from the profession. She encouraged the boy to hide their relationship and lied about it when under investigation
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-40733014
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find this disgraceful personally. We all know if it was a male teacher who had sex with a school girl he would be jailed, not simply "dismissed" from the profession.

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Why cant this happen to me ffs
^ wtf?
Her pussy must have been desperately wet
Reply 4
Original post by Physics Enemy
Lucky boy, lol at struck off, he'll still be screwing her!

Yeah but is it really worth losing your job to have sex with a school kid? She could've just had "someone screwing her" of her own age...

Found a rare picture of them. They're now married and having a happily ever after.
Lets be honest here, if shes hot then its a fantasy of many, many, many guys...
Original post by the one 123
Why cant this happen to me ffs

Erm
Original post by zero766
Yeah but is it really worth losing your job to have sex with a school kid? She could've just had "someone screwing her" of her own age...

It is strange, not exactly hard for her to screw guys her age (and younger) outside of the school environment.
Reply 9
Lucky kid!
Original post by zero766

some people are more into people younger than them...
Good lad!
Lucky guy
So instead of talking about the individual case, or the boy and his mental state, you talk about "male vs female" and cry that males get punished more.
the lady is a cougar.
Original post by zero766
I find this disgraceful personally. We all know if it was a male teacher who had sex with a school girl he would be jailed, not simply "dismissed" from the profession.

He may have been eighteen as his identity and age have not been revealed, which would not have been illegal. It is obviously extremely inappropriate, hence her barring from teaching, but if he was eighteen then no laws were broken.

But yeah, if it transpires that he was still a minor at the time then she should definitely be jailed.
Reply 16
Original post by yudothis
So instead of talking about the individual case, or the boy and his mental state, you talk about "male vs female" and cry that males get punished more.

I stand for equality. Fair treatment of all and that includes gender equality. A lot of people are quick to point out disadvantages of being female, but the gender of the teacher in this case could arguably have helped her escape a much harsher punishment
Original post by zero766
I stand for equality. Fair treatment of all and that includes gender equality. A lot of people are quick to point out disadvantages of being female, but the gender of the teacher in this case could arguably have helped her escape a much harsher punishment

I see.

Again, so this is a gender thread or a teacher abusing power thread?
Reply 18
Yeah I know what you're saying, but nevertheless it's very unprofessional and she is in what is deemed a "position of trust".

"It is worth noting that the offences cover children and young persons up to the age of 18 and so extend beyond the 16 and 17 year olds with which this post is concerned.

Of course, 18 year olds can still be at school which raises the issue of whether that protection should extend beyond the age of 18. Where a student has a September birthday (and so is aged 18 for most of their final year of school) they are afforded less protection than a student with an August birthday (who will have left school before turning 18)."

https://thesexualoffenceshandbook.com/2013/10/08/teachers-and-sexual-relationships-with-students-aged-16/

Now whether an 18 year old pupil should have different treatment to somebody in the same school year as them simply because the school year coincides differently with each of their birthdays is up for debate. Is this a loophole or would you argue that it's perfectly fine?

I personally see it as a loophole.
Original post by zero766

You are actually right here in your argument. There is a whole host of literature and research in the fields of law and psychology that suggest women, on average, receive shorter and less severe sentencing then men for the same crimes. It's actually quite startling when you read the research...

There's some really good stuff on the "attractiveness effect" in courtrooms, i.e., if you are an attractive female you are most likely to get a less severe punishment or sentence. I believe the order goes, attractive female, non-attractive female, attractive male, and the worst position to be in is if you are an unattractive male! If you are unlucky enough to be an unattractive male, you best phone your mum because you're going to prison for a long time :P
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending