The Student Room Group

Medicine Resit Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys is Exeter accepting resits this year?
Original post by HarveySpecter97
Hi guys is Exeter accepting resits this year?

Think so :smile:
How should I put in my A2 predicted grades into UCAS? And do I put all my achieved a2 grades into UCAS despite resitting them all?
Thanks
How should I put in my A2 predicted grades into UCAS? And do I put all my achieved a2 grades into UCAS despite resitting them all?
Thanks

I think the teachers should put in your predicted grades, and yep you put all the grades you've achieved last year in even though you're resitting :smile:
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
I think the teachers should put in your predicted grades, and yep you put all the grades you've achieved last year in even though you're resitting :smile:

Thanks dude
Anyone know if Keele is accepting students with A*AB this year? I know they did last year.
Also does anyone want to start a whatsapp group chat for us resit applicants? PM me if so :smile:
yeah guys i didn't get in i got aab. Feeling hopeless but im not giving up. i will retake chemistry to bring that to an A/A*. Any advice where to apply and how to go about this?
Original post by DaKoolguy
yeah guys i didn't get in i got aab. Feeling hopeless but im not giving up. i will retake chemistry to bring that to an A/A*. Any advice where to apply and how to go about this?

im in the same position

I know quite a few resit students that got into medicine this year (myself included!) feel free to drop me a PM if you want!

I got the same grades and am just as confused about where to apply
Original post by wowthisiscool

plymouth exeter liverpool UEA hull york all accept resits, but you will have to get an A* for liverpool and UEA in the subject you got a b in, to get in.
plymouth exeter liverpool UEA hull york all accept resits, but you will have to get an A* for liverpool and UEA in the subject you got a b in, to get in.

Thanks!
Thanks!

Say you resat and then got A*AA but got rejected, can the universities make you an offer based on the A*AA on results day if they've got places left?

Apply to Lancaster too, I'm going there this October!
Apply to Lancaster too, I'm going there this October!

But they want BMAT...:frown:
But they want BMAT...:frown:

In my opinion the BMAT is way easier than the UKCAT having sat both. Plus you have essentially a gap year, so plenty of time to revise for the BMAT. In opinion also, I think you can revise for the BMAT and your score will be a reflection of your work ethic, whereas the UKCAT all you can do is practise, but your score may not drastically improve. Don't be disheartened btw, you're nearly there; just a bit more work is needed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending