The Student Room Group

how much work?!

I'm currently in year 12 and I am so used to a full on work load from gcse and I don't know how much work I should be doing now?

At the moment I've been doing my homeworks and writing up my class notes but I feel so burned out already, so how many hours of work should I be doing at this stage?
What subjects are you doing?
My school told me for every hour you spend in a lesson, you should spend doing work at home too. I did about an hour every day after school and then about 2-3 hours on weekends. This increased as my exams approached. I didn't follow the school's rule or I would burn out.
Original post by JShxppard
I'm currently in year 12 and I am so used to a full on work load from gcse and I don't know how much work I should be doing now?

At the moment I've been doing my homeworks and writing up my class notes but I feel so burned out already, so how many hours of work should I be doing at this stage?

There is no universal standard, it just depends on how you work. Just try to keep up with classwork and homework at this point.
Just make sure you maintain a constant understanding of everything you learn, or at least a basic idea of what's going on. You don't want to start revising in April and take ages trying to make sense of something you were taught half a year back. Best of luck!
Original post by JShxppard

Always be doing 1 hour out of lesson for every hour in class

Quick Reply

Latest