The Student Room Group

Got into Uni but want to Resit, should the Uni know?

I got into my first choice university even with a couple of bad. Now, I want to improve one unit but do I have to inform my university? Will this create problems in the future if I don't?
Original post by Lumina Aldaine
I got into my first choice university even with a couple of bad. Now, I want to improve one unit but do I have to inform my university? Will this create problems in the future if I don't?

You can tell them but they wont be interested. If the resit clashed with uni exams then neither are likely to change. Dont sacrifice your degree.
The unit I plan to resit will be during the holidays so I hope nothing clashes. But more importantly, if I plan to do my postgrads, will the results the university knows be passed on or will that be up to me so that I can give them the latest grade?
I honestly can't see any benefit to this at all, A-levels play such an insignificant part in your future after getting a Uni degree, I'd advise against it and focus on getting ahead of the modules you will be studying.
Original post by Lumina Aldaine
The unit I plan to resit will be during the holidays so I hope nothing clashes. But more importantly, if I plan to do my postgrads, will the results the university knows be passed on or will that be up to me so that I can give them the latest grade?

If its just a unit, then do it if you want, just allocate the correct time to it. Your choice.

You are normally required to put a full an accurate transcript down.> The dates element should make it obvious. If you decide to omit the resit, then that doesnt comply.
Original post by loooopppyyy
I honestly can't see any benefit to this at all, A-levels play such an insignificant part in your future after getting a Uni degree, I'd advise against it and focus on getting ahead of the modules you will be studying.

It depends where you are applying. Some jobs have an UCAS tariff as part of recruitment. In certain jobs . If its just a module, then its not that heavy a workload. Up to the OP whether they think its worth it.
I see. I was just afraid that one day I'll be unable to get to a certain place, maybe not get a scholarship or something, just because of that one D I got in that one subject.

Quick Reply

Latest