The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Reapplying for UCL + some question

I am thinking of reapplying for UCL after I miss my grade, my entry requirement is AAA, but I only got BCC, and I am planning to resit all of my subjects, would there be any effect for UCL to give me an offer for next year? and what is the difference between taking a gap year and resit? and how would you get a predicted grade for the new UCAS application?
hey im in the same boat!
regarding the new predicted grades part, ive seen people say that you can either get your old 6th form/ college to give you the predicted grades. but if thats not an option for you then you can get a tutor to vouch for you and give you new predicted grades!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I'm legit in the exact same boat as well people it's coming like a whole ship now aha. I got ABB but UCL economics was A*AA. Exactly like how does the whole process work; like in the year out since we can't resit in winter is it like a full school year or revision whilst doing work experience or something as well it's interesting
Reply 3
I asked my college and they were willing to help me to apply for a resit, now I was thinking should I take a gap year or go to uni and do my resit at the same time
Reply 4
Original post by JVorJrose
I'm legit in the exact same boat as well people it's coming like a whole ship now aha. I got ABB but UCL economics was A*AA. Exactly like how does the whole process work; like in the year out since we can't resit in winter is it like a full school year or revision whilst doing work experience or something as well it's interesting

so are you planning to take a gap year?
Reply 5
probably yeah
Unless there is some serious reason that you want to go to UCL, I would say forget the gap year, find the best university that will accept you through clearing and if you still want to have a UCL degree to show, consider a master's degree at UCL.
Original post by Anonymous
Unless there is some serious reason that you want to go to UCL, I would say forget the gap year, find the best university that will accept you through clearing and if you still want to have a UCL degree to show, consider a master's degree at UCL.

I'm also seriously considering taking a gap year. I've got my insurance but missed my firm ucl. The thing is my insurance is said to not be good on the specific subject I want to study and I don't like the uni either.

I'm just interested into your side of the argument. Why should we be ignoring taking a gap year? Is this from specific experience/knowledge? Should I just go for my insurance even though i dont like it much?
i’m also in the same situation i missed my pharm offer of AAB bc i got BBB .. i’m not sure if it’s worth the burden of resitting all three
I'm also seriously considering taking a gap year. I've got my insurance but missed my firm ucl. The thing is my insurance is said to not be good on the specific subject I want to study and I don't like the uni either.

I'm just interested into your side of the argument. Why should we be ignoring taking a gap year? Is this from specific experience/knowledge? Should I just go for my insurance even though i dont like it much?

I’m an int student and the reason I decided to take a gap year is because I wasn’t exactly too keen on spending 20 thousand something great British pounds to attend a university that I don’t even like. And I think the same should apply here, don’t go to uni just for the sake of going to uni imo
i’m also in the same situation i missed my pharm offer of AAB bc i got BBB .. i’m not sure if it’s worth the burden of resitting all three

If you think you can get better grades and get into better unis then I say go for it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending