The Student Room Group

applying to dentistry with low grades

does anyone think its worth me applying for dentistry with grades AAC in my alevels?im not sure if i should even attempt applying because i dont know if anywhere will accept me with the grades i have. ive checked contextual offers like bristol uni but im not eligible for them. do you think i have a chance at being accepted?

is there any other pathway i can take to get into dentistry? ive considered doing biomed and then dentistry but i dont think i want to spend 8 years in uni just to dentistry. :frown: any suggestions would be appreciated :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
I advise doing some more research ( please don't give up) - you most likely have to retake the subject you got a C in . Remember that if you give up now it may just end up coming back to haunt you. Some unis have wp courses that may lower the grades needed but IDK.

https://www.dentalschoolscouncil.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/DSC-Entry-Requirements-2023.pdf
Reply 2
Original post by jkejkgg
does anyone think its worth me applying for dentistry with grades AAC in my alevels?im not sure if i should even attempt applying because i dont know if anywhere will accept me with the grades i have. ive checked contextual offers like bristol uni but im not eligible for them. do you think i have a chance at being accepted?

is there any other pathway i can take to get into dentistry? ive considered doing biomed and then dentistry but i dont think i want to spend 8 years in uni just to dentistry. :frown: any suggestions would be appreciated :smile:

1. Best option imo is resit the C.
2. Only other option go abroad
Reply 3
if you are saying that you got AAC as your predicted then you could just get you results which should be AAA take a gap year then apply for 2025. this means you could spend y13 preparing boosting your application and the gap year working/travelling. this is honestly only a year extra instead off taking biomed.
but if you already have your alevels you can retake the C and apply to certain unis llike Bristol that defo accept alevel resits

Original post by jkejkgg

(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by jkejkgg

Are these what you got on results day or are they predicted?

Quick Reply

Latest