The Student Room Group

A level Sociology Education 30 marks

Can anyone help?
I have a 30 mark question to do on my sociology mock paper

Analyse the view that gender difference in both subject choice and education acheivement are mainly the result of a wider society.

Im so stuck because I dont have a clue on how to set it out, how many paragraphs/points to do or how to write the paragraphs. Im doing sociology as an external Alevel so I cant just go to a teacher

Please somebody help I’m desperate!
Original post by emilysyds
Can anyone help?
I have a 30 mark question to do on my sociology mock paper

Analyse the view that gender difference in both subject choice and education acheivement are mainly the result of a wider society.

Im so stuck because I dont have a clue on how to set it out, how many paragraphs/points to do or how to write the paragraphs. Im doing sociology as an external Alevel so I cant just go to a teacher

Please somebody help I’m desperate!

I did an answer earlier but lost it when the browser crashed....

Break down the question into its parts.

1. State what the gender difference is, some nice facts would help here. That gives you coverage of how it manifests itself.

2. Then explore the idea that its a result of societal factors (state what a societal factor is- definition) . 4-6 total or 2-3 each for subject choice and education.

3. Then analyse that and look at how influential and how credible that theory is.

4. Then consider what your stance is with the question and explore whether there are other influences besides society that influence things. Go through three or four and state how they would influence success or subject choice. Sum up how influential you think these factors are

5. Revisit the central question, sun up and say where you stand on whether societal factors are the main influence and add in your views that they are, are not or with exceptions why other factors need to be considered.

That would be a rough way I would answer the question, but streamlined dependent on whether I wanted to argue one side or the other.

You can also look at revision books

Exemplar answers from the exam bard website.

Mark schemes.
Reply 2
Thank you so much this is exactly the kind of help ive been needing!! Thanks so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest