The Student Room Group

Help! - studying and revising a levels

Hi,
I am currently doing History, English Lit, Philosophy and AS Maths for A Level and find that I’m really struggling with absorbing and solidifying my knowledge and I can’t find a good writing technique for essays. I achieved 7 A*s and 3As in my GCSEs But for some reason A Levels are proving to be overwhelmingly challenging for me.

Does anyone have any tips they would like to share to write better essays or simple revision?

Thank you!
X
Original post by rome x mary
Hi,
I am currently doing History, English Lit, Philosophy and AS Maths for A Level and find that I’m really struggling with absorbing and solidifying my knowledge and I can’t find a good writing technique for essays. I achieved 7 A*s and 3As in my GCSEs But for some reason A Levels are proving to be overwhelmingly challenging for me.

Does anyone have any tips they would like to share to write better essays or simple revision?

Thank you!
X

For the essays make good notes so you master the material early on and understand how it works.

The A2 year or the second half of your learning should be on recognising themes and perfecting your essay style.

1. Make good notes.
2. Make a better set of revision notes with arguments, alternative views and themes.
3. Use revision books and fill in gaps.
4. Most important answer the question they ask.
5. Read mark schemes and examiners reports.
6. Practice , practice practice exam questions.
7. Start revision in good time.
Original post by 999tigger
For the essays make good notes so you master the material early on and understand how it works.

The A2 year or the second half of your learning should be on recognising themes and perfecting your essay style.

1. Make good notes.
2. Make a better set of revision notes with arguments, alternative views and themes.
3. Use revision books and fill in gaps.
4. Most important answer the question they ask.
5. Read mark schemes and examiners reports.
6. Practice , practice practice exam questions.
7. Start revision in good time.

Thank you!!
anyone have any resources for alevel history edexcel russia 1917-1991 from lenin to yeltsin im struggling!!!

Quick Reply

Latest