The Student Room Group

study techniques

Hey guys, I was just wondering what is the best way to study for A level? Is it using a timetable or taking however long it takes with a particular subject in order to finish the whole textbook?
(edited 1 month ago)
Hiya, I think it depends how you study best and also what subject you’re doing. At this moment in time, I think it would be good to do lots of practice papers and go over topics that you aren’t as confident in to help you pick up the extra Marks

As for revision timetables, be careful about these, just make sure that you’ve split each subject up into sections and have a healthy balance between working and resting as you don’t wanna burn out

For subjects, like English, history and geography, I’d recommend using flashcards and having a look on YouTube for videos to further aid understanding . Quizlet is really good, and it already has premade flashcards, and could be helpful to make different topic revision summarise.

Good luck with your exams and let me know if you have any more questions !
Original post by anindyamandal
Hey guys, I was just wondering what is the best way to study for A level? Is it using a timetable or taking however long it takes with a particular subject in order to finish the whole textbook?
Hey @anindyamandal :smile:

How are you?

Just thought I'd share some apps that are really useful for when you're revising! OneNote is really good for staying organised as you can create different notebooks for different courses, sections for each topic etc.

To help manage your time you could use Trello which allows you to manage your tasks and to-do lists easily and track your progress! Like ebyrne2036 said below, it's so important to make sure you have that work life balance and avoid burn out, so make sure you're prioritising your mental health and wellbeing whilst studying and revising too :smile:

I also agree with using Quizlet, I used it throughout my a-levels and loved that it made revising that bit more fun as you can make quizzes and flashcards.

I hope this helps!! Good luck with the rest of your studies :smile:

Becky
Ive found that writing your notes in a cornell notes style can help with writing less bs and helps to get full marks on your exam papers.
I would highly recommend getting the cornell notes notepad to help with it too!! I got mines and I love it
https://notedsociety.com/products/cornell-notepad

Quick Reply

Latest