The Student Room Group

Explain why 1st of april is always on the same day of the week as 1st of july

This is a maths problem solving question , please could you give your reasoning?
Because there’s always 93 days between them... 93 days is exactly 13 weeks, so will always be on the same day.
Well what's your answer? I'm assuming this is a question for homework, in which case you need to have attempted it first and then ask for help.
Reply 4
It's modular arithmetic bro.

[video="youtube;-dh7COSiB7g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dh7COSiB7g[/video]
Original post by math42
It's modular arithmetic bro.

[video="youtube;-dh7COSiB7g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dh7COSiB7g[/video]

This is beautiful, I never expected University Challenge memes to be a thing
Original post by -Mathematician-
Because there’s always 93 days between them... 93 days is exactly 13 weeks, so will always be on the same day.

???!!!
Reply 7
Original post by tiny hobbit
???!!!

I believe they mean 91.
Original post by math42
I believe they mean 91.
No, they just live in a country that has adopted the once a quarter leap week which has an added weekend...
Reply 9
modular arithmetic - genius post math42
April and July always begin in the same day of the week. This is true in both the Julian and Gregorian calendars. April is 30 days, May is 31 days, June is 30 days, so 1st July is 91 days after 1st April. This is exactly 13 weeks, so they always start on the same day
Original post by Laboromniavincit

April and July always begin in the same day of the week. This is true in both the Julian and Gregorian calendars. April is 30 days, May is 31 days, June is 30 days, so 1st July is 91 days after 1st April. This is exactly 13 weeks, so they always start on the same day
Original post by Laboromniavincit

:iiam:
Reply 13
This isn’t true anymore since Brexit.
13 weeks is 91 days! Not 93.
Same with September and December. And it is 91 days.
The math just isn't mathing

Quick Reply

Latest