The Student Room Group

My group won't even let me participate in the work, wth?

I have joined this group because theyre in my friendship group and I thought it would be calm to just join them since theyre the only people that I know. I dont really click with them but hey. Anyways, they wont involve me. we are supposed to make a video for film studies and they told my teacher (not in my presence, my teacher had to tell me) that they were going to record in the half term, so i asked them when they will start like 4 times and they kept ignoring/airing me every time.

This is the most important part of my whole grade btw, I feel useless.
Reply 1
Talk to your teacher about it! If they are physically excluding you then it is not your fault, but you need to let your teacher know so that they can help you. If you jus stay quiet your teacher will assume that you are doing well with the group.
Reply 2
my teacher knew that I was being excluded, but yeah i did email her im just waiting for her reply. But i feel as though the people will get mad because i told the teacher
Original post by Avaia
Talk to your teacher about it! If they are physically excluding you then it is not your fault, but you need to let your teacher know so that they can help you. If you jus stay quiet your teacher will assume that you are doing well with the group.
Original post by aj89754
my teacher knew that I was being excluded, but yeah i did email her im just waiting for her reply. But i feel as though the people will get mad because i told the teacher

Oh well. It's their fault.
Don't miss out on a good grade because of some people you know (that you don't really like) might get annoyed. Thats just stupid.
Reply 4
Original post by aj89754

If your teacher ignores it then take it to head of year, if they ignore it, take it to head of school, if they ignore it, take it directly to the exam board. Let them get mad, they are just A**holes, it is your grade! that is what is important and what matters, you need to fight for your grade don't let some little T***s screw up your chances
Reply 5
What would the exam board do if none of my teachers do something about it? Ngl, I do think my teacher will do something about it because shes really nice but at the same time I just feel like the people in my group wont do **** after being told what to do if you get me.
Original post by Avaia
If your teacher ignores it then take it to head of year, if they ignore it, take it to head of school, if they ignore it, take it directly to the exam board. Let them get mad, they are just A**holes, it is your grade! that is what is important and what matters, you need to fight for your grade don't let some little T***s screw up your chances
Reply 6
Original post by aj89754

What's more important, your grades or people that you won't even remember in a few years time?

Don't worry about telling the teacher.
Reply 7
Original post by aj89754
What would the exam board do if none of my teachers do something about it? Ngl, I do think my teacher will do something about it because shes really nice but at the same time I just feel like the people in my group wont do **** after being told what to do if you get me.

Well if you made a case then the exam board would be likely to moderate your year, and the threat of that alone will make your school do everything in their power to make it right :smile:
Reply 8
my grade!!! i have told her everything, im not scared anymore
Original post by lxlxlee
What's more important, your grades or people that you won't even remember in a few years time?

Don't worry about telling the teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest