The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Applying to history with a B in history???

To any history students - generally how lenient are they with results? It says a contextual offer is ABB with an A in history, I already have my a level results which were AAB but the B was in history. I know it depends on the number of applicants and their predictions etc but is there a chance I'll get an offer with these grades?
Original post by annaworsey
To any history students - generally how lenient are they with results? It says a contextual offer is ABB with an A in history, I already have my a level results which were AAB but the B was in history. I know it depends on the number of applicants and their predictions etc but is there a chance I'll get an offer with these grades?

Make an informal enquiry. You could always do an EPQ in History and get an A / A*.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Make an informal enquiry. You could always do an EPQ in History and get an A / A*.

thanks, I have emailed the admissions office and history department. The EPQ is out of the question for me as I am currently living abroad and won't have the opportunity to complete this. Just wondering what the general acceptance grades are and whether they are strict on the A in History.
My history teacher had a student who needed an A in history to do history at uni, but something went wrong and he got a C in the exam and they still let him in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending