The Student Room Group

2018 Consulting Graduate Applications *MEGA THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yeah was just standard SHL verbal and numerical
What tests does Strategy& use for anyone thats applied to them?
Reply 62
Original post by Fas
What tests does Strategy& use for anyone thats applied to them?

They use standard shl, same as the rest of PwC
Reply 63
Anyone know when we’re meant to hear back from these firms? Apart from big 4?
Reply 64
Just been invited for the Deloitte Job Simulation, anybody know what to expect?

Also have OC&C interviews next week for the ISW they hold, anybody had previous experience with this?
Can you apply to both PwC and Strategy&, as when I look for careers on Strategy& it redirects me to PwC.

Also is Deloitte and PwC being incredibly slow to reply or not reply at all.. I applied to deloitte 2nd October, and it took about 12 days for them to respond to by online tests which I passed, and then I filled out the survey they ask, and I haven't heard back since.. PwC also I took the tests and I've passed but heard nothing back for 2 weeks.
Reply 66
Original post by DarkWillow
Can you apply to both PwC and Strategy&, as when I look for careers on Strategy& it redirects me to PwC.

Also is Deloitte and PwC being incredibly slow to reply or not reply at all.. I applied to deloitte 2nd October, and it took about 12 days for them to respond to by online tests which I passed, and then I filled out the survey they ask, and I haven't heard back since.. PwC also I took the tests and I've passed but heard nothing back for 2 weeks.

From what I am aware you can't apply to both,

Deloitte got back to me today for some online job simulation, this is after doing their immersive assessment a couple weeks ago and survey last week. (they have been very slow with responses - often not replying to emails - they have an online chat system for HR related stuff so worth giving that a try)

PwC sent me a generic email after i passed the tests saying that we will be getting back to everyone after the deadline has passed.
Original post by mx321

Deloitte got back to me today for some online job simulation, this is after doing their immersive assessment a couple weeks ago and survey last week. (they have been very slow with responses - often not replying to emails - they have an online chat system for HR related stuff so worth giving that a try)

PwC sent me a generic email after i passed the tests saying that we will be getting back to everyone after the deadline has passed.

Fab, thanks.
I'm not going to apply to Strategy& as I don't want to risk my PwC application.
I filled in the Deloitte survey at the end of Tuesday last week, so if you've just received yours today hopefully I'll receive mine this week. I'm trying to get far through Graduate Schemes before I start my new job at the beginning of November which is making me stressed. If I get any Assessment Centres getting time off a new job will be a nightmare aha. Goodluck with your applications!
Reply 68
Original post by mx321

How were the pwc tests? I'm worried about the personality type test
Original post by mx321
Just been invited for the Deloitte Job Simulation, anybody know what to expect?

Also have OC&C interviews next week for the ISW they hold, anybody had previous experience with this?

Congrats on the interviews! Will this be for the grad role or just for the workshop? btw did you apply to Deloitte Monitor or just Deloitte? Cheers
Original post by DarkWillow
Fab, thanks.
I'm not going to apply to Strategy& as I don't want to risk my PwC application.
I filled in the Deloitte survey at the end of Tuesday last week, so if you've just received yours today hopefully I'll receive mine this week. I'm trying to get far through Graduate Schemes before I start my new job at the beginning of November which is making me stressed. If I get any Assessment Centres getting time off a new job will be a nightmare aha. Goodluck with your applications!

How come you're starting a job next month and applying? Is it a temporary job before your grad role?
Original post by lunnndoner
How come you're starting a job next month and applying? Is it a temporary job before your grad role?

It's a IT and marketing job, It was originally meant to be an internship for 3 months, although now they want it to be permanent.. However I'd already applied to lots of grad schemes before knowing this, and also I don't want to work in IT and Marketing and was really just using it for more technical experience. So I'm a bit concerned I'll be fired, as I've emailed them that I have other applications and may need to miss days off work for Assessment Days
Original post by ikramvp
How were the pwc tests? I'm worried about the personality type test

The PwC tests were pretty standard. I actually failed the EY tests, and passed the PwC tests finding them easier. EY are the only online tests I've failed so far.
Reply 73
Anybody have any insight as to what the Newton Europe tests are like? Or Oliver Wyman?

Thanks
Reply 74
Original post by KS1996x
Anybody have any insight as to what the Newton Europe tests are like? Or Oliver Wyman?

Thanks

Oliver wyman’s tests are ridiculous, there like those uk maths challenge we did at school.
Original post by J Edgar
Oliver wyman’s tests are ridiculous, there like those uk maths challenge we did at school.

YEAH I am sure that OW is difficult, but LEK test is worse ... :frown:
Has anyone applied to Strategy&? I did all the tests and now being told to upload my cv and cover letter. Do we just do it on the application portal to the cv manager?
Reply 77
Original post by J Edgar

I submitted my application this morning at 9:45am. Then received an email from them 10 minutes later saying complete the tests by 12PM TODAY! 😂.
Original post by teaxx310
Has anyone applied to Strategy&? I did all the tests and now being told to upload my cv and cover letter. Do we just do it on the application portal to the cv manager?

What tests were they? Verbal and numerical? Or was there a logical one involved?
Does anyone know when the deadlines are for the McKinsey + Bain online tests? I'm submitting my applications today (which is the deadline) so was hoping I'd be able to do the tests tomorrow...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending