The Student Room Group

A Level Choices 2018-19

Are these good A Level Choices

Media Studies
Film Studies
English Language
Maths
You chose both film and media studies...
Original post by liamlarner
Are these good A Level Choices

Media Studies
Film Studies
English Language
Maths

What would you like to do after A-Levels?
Reply 3
Original post by MisledGoddess
What would you like to do after A-Levels?

Work in the Media, Film Industry study a University Course at University of Middlesex in Television Media Production
Work in the Media, Film Industry study a University Course at University of Middlesex in Television Media Production

Then I'd say they're some good A-Level choices! If you are ever a bit unsure about it though and change your mind in some way, I'd say drop either Media or Film. One is fine. But do what you want to do not what some nerds on a forum suggest :wink:

And good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by MisledGoddess
Then I'd say they're some good A-Level choices! If you are ever a bit unsure about it though and change your mind in some way, I'd say drop either Media or Film. One is fine. But do what you want to do not what some nerds on a forum suggest :wink:

And good luck!

Thanks i am predicted to get a Grade 9 in Maths GCSE is A Level Maths Difficult for a Grade 9 Maths GCSE Student
Thanks i am predicted to get a Grade 9 in Maths GCSE is A Level Maths Difficult for a Grade 9 Maths GCSE Student

I personally don't take maths A Level but I know people who got A* and struggle, saying it's a massive jump but others who are handling it well. I'd say if you enjoy it and really want to do it you'll find it easier as a lot of those who struggle didn't really want to do it. Put the effort in and you should do fine!

Difficulty is subjective, my friend. However, if you are predicted grade 9 I'm sure you'll have the tools to succeed. A-Levels, in general, are meant to be challenging so don't go into the course thinking it'll be all fun and games. I'm sure you won't, though. You seem like a hard-working kinda guy.
Reply 8
I wouldn’t do film and media studies as they limit what you can do in the future a lot.
Reply 9
i will keep media studies what should i swap film studies for is Sociology a good idea
i will keep media studies what should i swap film studies for is Sociology a good idea

Good idea. Much broader range of A-Levels :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest