The Student Room Group

Student Finance fraud investigation

I have recently been told am ineligible for Student Finance and has therefore had my payments blocked. I have called them today to get some further information which I will explain below:

My Student Finance application from 2018/19 is under investigation and s
I should not have received any payments last academic year 2022
I was originally informed of the investigation after i withdrew from my course in the 2018/19 academic year but did not see the message. This investigation was somehow missed when my application was approved for the last academic year but has now been picked up again.
I was sent an email on (9th October) requesting a list of information: bank statements covering 01/09/2018 12/02/2019, mortgage statement/tenancy agreement 2018/19, council tax bill 2018/19, 2 utility bills (gas electric, water or internet) 01/09/2018 02/12/2019, car insurance policy 2018, final tax credit letter/UC statements 2018/19 tax year, child benefit 2018/19 tax year, childcare contract agreement from provider 2018/19 and childcare invoices/receipts 2018/19.
This investigation appears to have been triggered by something relating to childcare but now encompasses my whole 2018/19 application.
I have responded to the email of (9th October) but am struggling to provide a few pieces of evidence in particular her childcare invoices. I contacted the childcare provider for the period asked for, i was told they are unable to help me as this has been achieved due to GDPR any child that is not attending their nursery anymore, their information have to be archived once is 5 years however they will contact their finance dept and get back to me on this .i have contacted my council to request for a new tenacy agreement from 2018/19 cos am a council tenant waiting for a copy of this agreement tenancy .As for the utility bills. I could only provide them with water cos that's the only utilities bill I could have am not good in keeping documents however I have contacted BT to request for the utilities bill dated that year was told it could take up to 30 days to receive this by post. Not to delay the investigation while waiting for the documents i have sent nearly all the documents they adked for apart from the one mentioned and i have explained to them why am unable to provide the restoration the documents yet.My question is that how long will the investigation take cos student Finance were unable to tell me how long the investigation may take and am mainly concerned about tuition fees. Please can anyone that has similar experience help me out this is a shock to me cos I don't commit any fraud during that period I only withdraw from the course
Original post by Ennt
I have recently been told am ineligible for Student Finance and has therefore had my payments blocked. I have called them today to get some further information which I will explain below:

My Student Finance application from 2018/19 is under investigation and s
I should not have received any payments last academic year 2022
I was originally informed of the investigation after i withdrew from my course in the 2018/19 academic year but did not see the message. This investigation was somehow missed when my application was approved for the last academic year but has now been picked up again.
I was sent an email on (9th October) requesting a list of information: bank statements covering 01/09/2018 12/02/2019, mortgage statement/tenancy agreement 2018/19, council tax bill 2018/19, 2 utility bills (gas electric, water or internet) 01/09/2018 02/12/2019, car insurance policy 2018, final tax credit letter/UC statements 2018/19 tax year, child benefit 2018/19 tax year, childcare contract agreement from provider 2018/19 and childcare invoices/receipts 2018/19.
This investigation appears to have been triggered by something relating to childcare but now encompasses my whole 2018/19 application.
I have responded to the email of (9th October) but am struggling to provide a few pieces of evidence in particular her childcare invoices. I contacted the childcare provider for the period asked for, i was told they are unable to help me as this has been achieved due to GDPR any child that is not attending their nursery anymore, their information have to be archived once is 5 years however they will contact their finance dept and get back to me on this .i have contacted my council to request for a new tenacy agreement from 2018/19 cos am a council tenant waiting for a copy of this agreement tenancy .As for the utility bills. I could only provide them with water cos that's the only utilities bill I could have am not good in keeping documents however I have contacted BT to request for the utilities bill dated that year was told it could take up to 30 days to receive this by post. Not to delay the investigation while waiting for the documents i have sent nearly all the documents they adked for apart from the one mentioned and i have explained to them why am unable to provide the restoration the documents yet.My question is that how long will the investigation take cos student Finance were unable to tell me how long the investigation may take and am mainly concerned about tuition fees. Please can anyone that has similar experience help me out this is a shock to me cos I don't commit any fraud during that period I only withdraw from the course

Hi there,

You've left your message in the 'ask Student Finance' section of The Student Room. We can't access accounts on this platform. I would advise contacting us on 0300 100 0607 for any further queries relating to your case. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending