The Student Room Group

How could I take GCE exams if I am not from UK?

Hey.
So apparently universities I have applied to said that I need to sit a GCE. But I am an international student. Can I take GCE or other equal to GCE exam out of UK?
Reply 1
International version of GCE exams is IGCSE by CIE. But GCE exams are not a requirement. You can also sit local exams if the university considers them sufficiently challenging.
Reply 2
Original post by esrever
International version of GCE exams is IGCSE by CIE. But GCE exams are not a requirement. You can also sit local exams if the university considers them sufficiently challenging.

Thank you very much.
Particular university said that certificate (Brandos Atestatas or Maturity Certificate) from my country is not acceptable. And so they are asking me if I will be given other certificates after I finish school.
Original post by DariJa
Hey.
So apparently universities I have applied to said that I need to sit a GCE. But I am an international student. Can I take GCE or other equal to GCE exam out of UK?

The international equivalent of GCE is actually international A levels offered either by CIE or EDEXCEL/Pearson.
International A levels can be taken by private candidates who just pay to take the exams in most countries of the world sometimes in international schools and sometimes through the local British Council office. There is advice for private candidates on the CIE and EDEXCEL web sites.
Reply 4
Original post by esrever

That's not correct. GCE (A level) exams are a step up from IGCSE. UK universities do not consider IGCSEs as sufficient for university entrance.

Quick Reply

Latest