The Student Room Group

How many hours of studying are current year 12s doing during half term?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RedGiant
I'm being quite productive myself, doing 6 hours roughly per day (where I just review the content already covered, learn ahead of my class, and practice applying maths knowledge to questions). I'm doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.

Disclaimer: If you're not doing any, you're fine. I just like to learn ahead of my classes.

What do you want to do after sixth form.
Did everyone else start half term last week? Because my first day of half term was today and the lie in was amazing.
I'm being quite productive myself, doing 6 hours roughly per day (where I just review the content already covered, learn ahead of my class, and practice applying maths knowledge to questions). I'm doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.

Disclaimer: If you're not doing any, you're fine. I just like to learn ahead of my classes.

Like 25 a day
Reply 83
Original post by GCSE 9
What do you want to do after sixth form.

Get a degree in Natural sciences or physics/chemistry and specialize on a theoretical level. Cambridge would be my ultimate goal, but I would be very contempt at another top RG uni. After that I would like to either go into the nuclear energy sector or possibly focus on research around astrophysics. I've not completely decided yet and this goal of mine will likely change over time.

I take it you want to go into the health sector?
(edited 6 years ago)
I feel like I've been doing far too much, at least 6 hours a day. I'm just doing exam questions on the topics we've covered so far, and going over flashcards.
Get a degree in Natural sciences or physics/chemistry and specialize on a theoretical level. Cambridge would be my ultimate goal, but I would be very contempt at another top RG uni. After that I would like to either go into the nuclear energy sector or possibly focus on research around astrophysics. I've not completely decided yet and this goal of mine will likely change over time.

You seem very ambitious and determined to do well, good luck, how are you finding maths, personally statistics is easier than pure as pure is predominantly focussed on application questions whereas statistics is more if you know the knowlege it's easier to apply, please tell me someones on the same boat as me :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by GCSE 9
You seem very ambitious and determined to do well, good luck, how are you finding maths, personally statistics is easier than pure as pure is predominantly focussed on application questions whereas statistics is more if you know the knowlege it's easier to apply, please tell me someones on the same boat as me :smile:

I'm finding maths fairly easy although the rate at which my school is teaching it is pretty quick as I'm doing maths A2 in year 12. I've nearly covered the whole of AS now (except the second half of statistics and natural logarithms) and I haven't really had much trouble with it tbh. That said though I don't know what the more difficult side of statistics is like.
Reply 87

I've lost track of how many hours I'm doing but I'm struggling to get through this ridiculous homework workload - it's probably 2 weeks worth of homework tbh and it's so monotonous, especially Sociology :frown:.
I have done no revision or anything yet... however I might do some coursework in a while. I’m gonna get so behind... just like GCSEs
Who started half term today?!?!?!
Original post by Reece.W.J
Who started half term today?!?!?!

Me. When did you/do you start?
Original post by T4wreckedme
Me. When did you/do you start?

I had to go in today but have a week off now
Original post by Reece.W.J
I had to go in today but have a week off now

We only got off today because some people went in to get prizes, thankfully I’m not smart enough and didn’t get a prize hahah
Original post by AryanGh
10 hours p/day! just like GCSE, i've got tests coming up too! I know it sounds awry but it's just 7 until 5, so it's all good, also gives me a chance to get ahead.

that’s so much!!! i’ve done about 3 hours a day and still feel overwhelmed!
Depends what I am doing that day. If I have plans, then I do less, if I don't then I do more :smile: I'm mainly focusing on homework and consolidating my knowledge from last half term :biggrin:
Those of you who are using the 'Forest ' app, how many hours of revision on average are you doing per week? I am in year 13 by the way.
(edited 6 years ago)
This holiday, I’ve genuinely done 0 work😅But today and tomorrow I’m just gonna grind out all my homework, which I have a lot of and consolidate my knowledge in some of the stuff we have learnt already.
Ive gotten so much homework i havent even been thinking about studying 😭
Here is what ive been set:
History:
Write an essay (exam practice)
Plan for another essay
Do corrections from class
Make notes on whole chapter from textbook
Write 1000 words for my coursework

Geography:
Make notes on a 60 slide powerpoint
Do corrections from previous exam
Write up 3 big case studies

Maths:
Correct my AS papers
2 excercises for 1 teacher
2 excercises for 2nd teacher
Whole practice paper

Yeah no chance im studying 😂😂
Reply 99
Original post by bookloverlolly
Did everyone else start half term last week? Because my first day of half term was today and the lie in was amazing.

:biggrin: Lucky you! My half term is already coming to an end soon and I still have a lot of work to do :redface:.

Quick Reply

Latest