The Student Room Group

GCSE / Level 2 Certificates - Summer 2017

Has anyone received their GCSE / level 2 certificates from the 2017 exams, AQA in particular?
Different people at my school keep telling me that my certificate will arrive at different times. On results day I was told by my teacher start of October, however a few days before half term my form tutor said I won't get it until next May! I'm a bit confused so I'm wondering how it works in other people's schools.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loci Pi
Has anyone received their GCSE / level 2 certificates from the 2017 exams, AQA in particular?
Different people at my school keep telling me that my certificate will arrive at different times. On results day I was told by my teacher start of October, however a few days before half term my form tutor said I won't get it until next May! I'm a bit confused so I'm wondering how it works in other people's schools.

I got my level 2 further maths certificate at the same time as the rest of my certificates.
Reply 2
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
I got my level 2 further maths certificate at the same time as the rest of my certificates.

When did you get it? My form tutor said I will need to show the sixth form that I have applied to, but I'm worried that I will receive it too late.
I did a GCSE in French from the 2017 Edexcel Exams will I receive a separate certificate for this, or will it be listed alongside my other subjects after I sit the full-package with my 2018 cohort?
Reply 4
Original post by New_to_tsr
I did a GCSE in French from the 2017 Edexcel Exams will I receive a separate certificate for this, or will it be listed alongside my other subjects after I sit the full-package with my 2018 cohort?

Are you in year 11 but took your French GCSE early in year 10? If so we are in a similar situation. I think you get separate certificates because the certificate says the year you took the exam on it.
Original post by Loci Pi

When did you get it? My form tutor said I will need to show the sixth form that I have applied to, but I'm worried that I will receive it too late.

I think October after half term but I can't exactly remember. If you've changed school it would be wise to contact them on Monday to ask. Some schools like mine contacted all students that left to let them know that they can collect the certificates.
Reply 6
I think October after half term but I can't exactly remember. If you've changed school it would be wise to contact them on Monday to ask. Some schools like mine contacted all students that left to let them know that they can collect the certificates.

Thank you. I haven't changed schools so hopefully they will give it to me this half term. At least now I know I will get it before sixth form interviews.
Original post by Loci Pi
Thank you. I haven't changed schools so hopefully they will give it to me this half term. At least now I know I will get it before sixth form interviews.

I'm confused aren't you in year 12 now?
Reply 8
I'm confused aren't you in year 12 now?

I'm in year 11 at the moment. My school doesn't have a sixth form so we change next year.
Original post by Loci Pi
I'm in year 11 at the moment. My school doesn't have a sixth form so we change next year.

So you did gcse further maths in year 10? Speak to your exams officer but if you know that there's no way you can get the certificate before the interview contact the school and explain to them the situation and they should hopefully have a solution.
Reply 10
So you did gcse further maths in year 10? Speak to your exams officer but if you know that there's no way you can get the certificate before the interview contact the school and explain to them the situation and they should hopefully have a solution.

Yeah my school's weird and entered me for FM a year before regular maths. I will speak to my school's exams officer or head of maths on Monday. I guess I could show them the bit of paper from results day, but I'm looking forward to getting the certificate for that good feeling of satisfaction and completion lol :smile:
Original post by Loci Pi
Yeah my school's weird and entered me for FM a year before regular maths. I will speak to my school's exams officer or head of maths on Monday. I guess I could show them the bit of paper from results day, but I'm looking forward to getting the certificate for that good feeling of satisfaction and completion lol :smile:

Well from what I've heard further maths is easier than maths now so I guess it makes some sense.
What did you get in it?
Reply 12
Well from what I've heard further maths is easier than maths now so I guess it makes some sense.
What did you get in it?

A^
Original post by Loci Pi
A^

Brilliant well done!
Reply 14
Brilliant well done!

Interesting question! I did a gcse in yr 9 and one in yr 10 but have not recieved a certificate for them. I recently finished yr 11 so i have an awards evening soon where i will recieve ny certificates so no maybe they will give me those and the ones i sat in 2017
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Loci Pi
A^

well done! Thats awesome
Reply 17
Original post by PursuingMedicine
Interesting question! I did a gcse in yr 9 and one in yr 10 but have not recieved a certificate for them. I recently finished yr 11 so i have an awards evening soon where i will recieve ny certificates so no maybe they will give me those and the ones i sat in 2017

The certificates aren't scheduled to be in schools until 9 November (though all of ours turned up before half term except AQA). The school then has to check and sort out the different sets of certificates from different exam boards into an envelope per student. It takes a while so most schools don't start issuing certificates until December.

If you took exams before Year 11 then some schools hand the certificates out when they've been checked but others keep them all so they are handed out with your main GCSE certificates. If you haven't received yours then you have a right to ask for them sooner but accept they may not have time to sort and check everything before the start of December.
Original post by Compost
The certificates aren't scheduled to be in schools until 9 November (though all of ours turned up before half term except AQA). The school then has to check and sort out the different sets of certificates from different exam boards into an envelope per student. It takes a while so most schools don't start issuing certificates until December.

If you took exams before Year 11 then some schools hand the certificates out when they've been checked but others keep them all so they are handed out with your main GCSE certificates. If you haven't received yours then you have a right to ask for them sooner but accept they may not have time to sort and check everything before the start of December.

Ahh okau that makes sense. I will be getting mine at the start of november

Quick Reply

Latest