The Student Room Group

HELPP

OK Hey guys my mum has literally taken my card and wont give it bac because i spend too much and have spent some of her money too now shes is saying she id going to deduct the amount of money i have used from my bursary money whch is 60 pounds every 2 weeks should i order a new card or steal my card from her because i have stuff to buy for black friday
Depends what financial situation you're in, but just saying why the **** would you spend your mums money? Although it depends on what it is, its pretty selfish. You have admitted yourself that you have spent too much money, and you want to spend more money now for the upcoming black friday?
Reply 2
You're lucky you even have a card. Grow up and use your money more wisely.
Pay her back. What you did was wrong and selfish
You could make things tough paying bills if she doesn’t have much
Apologise and ask her to give you a set amount each Monday for the week
When it’s gone, it’s gone. You’ll learn to budget
As for Black Friday, if that’s all you’re concerned about, you need to grow up
Reply 4
Original post by mc_miah
Depends what financial situation you're in, but just saying why the **** would you spend your mums money? Although it depends on what it is, its pretty selfish. You have admitted yourself that you have spent too much money, and you want to spend more money now for the upcoming black friday?

she really did ask for it she literally put one thousand pounds of her money in my bank account and told me not to spend it of course im going to atleast be tempted to spend it i give into temptation easily and i did warn her telling her to take it out
Original post by britney123
she really did ask for it she literally put one thousand pounds of her money in my bank account and told me not to spend it of course im going to atleast be tempted to spend it i give into temptation easily and i did warn her telling her to take it out

No she didn't. You don't get told to look after a baby whilst your in the kitchen cutting up onions with a knife and decide to slice the baby up. Unless your mentally deranged. Not sure how old you are, but as a 15 year old, I say you need to grow and mature up and stop being daft. Manage you financial situation carefully, as money is everything nowadays. That £1000 could've meant a lot for your mum, it could've meant that she now has to work overtime every ****ing day for the next 6 months just to catch up to the stability she had 6 months before.
Fair enough you did tell her you might spend it, but im sure being however old you are/since you have been entrusted with a bank account, and you are her own daughter she would've trusted you. Think about it like this. You're mum put trust into you, even when you felt like you cant deal with trust, and you threw it away. If that doesn't make you feel awful even in the slightest bit, I hope you have a brighter future...
Reply 6
Original post by mc_miah
No she didn't. You don't get told to look after a baby whilst your in the kitchen cutting up onions with a knife and decide to slice the baby up. Unless your mentally deranged. Not sure how old you are, but as a 15 year old, I say you need to grow and mature up and stop being daft. Manage you financial situation carefully, as money is everything nowadays. That £1000 could've meant a lot for your mum, it could've meant that she now has to work overtime every ****ing day for the next 6 months just to catch up to the stability she had 6 months before.
Fair enough you did tell her you might spend it, but im sure being however old you are/since you have been entrusted with a bank account, and you are her own daughter she would've trusted you. Think about it like this. You're mum put trust into you, even when you felt like you cant deal with trust, and you threw it away. If that doesn't make you feel awful even in the slightest bit, I hope you have a brighter future...

fair enough i undertsand that but i only used £40 pounds of the 1000

Still it's a lot.
Reply 8
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Still it's a lot.

yeah i guessssss

Perhaps a mother thought she could trust her daughter
Taking £40 that isn’t yours is a big deal
Now you’ve broken her trust you might find that she doesn’t trust you with other things, going out etc
You need to apologise, pay her back and learn a lesson
The fact that you said you would steal it back proves the point really. Who’s money were you going to spend? You’ve obviously got nothing left if you spent her money
You can’t afford anything on Black Friday. Forget it
What did she give you the money for in the first place?

Earn her trust back by selling some bits on eBay to make back the £40 then open a savings account and put the rest of the money in there.
Reply 11
Original post by del1rious

Earn her trust back by selling some bits on eBay to make back the £40 then open a savings account and put the rest of the money in there.

greatt idea
Reply 12
Original post by del1rious

in all honesty i have no idea why she deposited the money in there in the first place
Reply 13
Original post by Sammylou40
Perhaps a mother thought she could trust her daughter
Taking £40 that isn’t yours is a big deal
Now you’ve broken her trust you might find that she doesn’t trust you with other things, going out etc
You need to apologise, pay her back and learn a lesson
The fact that you said you would steal it back proves the point really. Who’s money were you going to spend? You’ve obviously got nothing left if you spent her money
You can’t afford anything on Black Friday. Forget it

Ok i well i guess i need to pay her back with my bursary money now. but my temptation got the better of me really
Ok i well i guess i need to pay her back with my bursary money now. but my temptation got the better of me really

Ok. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes
The important thing to do now is learn from it
Try to save a little bit from your bursary to treat yourself now and again and work out a budget
Perhaps if you ask your mum to help you she will see that you really are sorry and may let you pay her back over a couple of payments
Learning to budget now will really help you in the future. Good luck
golddigger
Reply 16
Original post by Sammylou40
Ok. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes
The important thing to do now is learn from it
Try to save a little bit from your bursary to treat yourself now and again and work out a budget
Perhaps if you ask your mum to help you she will see that you really are sorry and may let you pay her back over a couple of payments
Learning to budget now will really help you in the future. Good luck

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending