The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by domiash
I have a first class Bioveterinary Science degree, completed all my work experience references and have 15weeks+ work experience. So I'm feeling really disappointed and frustrated that I have no more info on why I have been rejected :frown:

Congrats on still being in the running for a place!

Original post by LuBabaChica
It seems really bizarre... I didn’t upload my work experience references as I was waiting for my last one so was going to upload them today, but I got told I was unsuccessful yesterday late afternoon...

What are you studying?

I'm doing Biochemistry and I only have like 12 weeks of work experience...
It doesn't make any sense. Let us know when they get back to you guys.
Maybe it was a mistake. Fingers crossed

Edit: Check the portal too, maybe it will say why they rejected you
Original post by Nessie162
I'm doing Biochemistry and I only have like 12 weeks of work experience...
It doesn't make any sense. Let us know when they get back to you guys.
Maybe it was a mistake. Fingers crossed

Edit: Check the portal too, maybe it will say why they rejected you

DB2DCD01-0FE2-497C-96A5-739529F2DC25.jpg.jpeg

It just says this 😞
Anyone still waiting to receive the Notts questionnaire yet? Really hating this waiting game...
Original post by Canine Copycat
Anyone still waiting to receive the Notts questionnaire yet? Really hating this waiting game...

Notts? The deadline for the questionnaires was on the 24th, so I would contact them if I were you
Do you definitely mean Nottingham? If so I recommend that you phone admissions as the deadline to have completed their forms was a week ago. The links for them were in the initial confirmation email that the vet school sent out I believe.

Original post by animalmagic
Do you definitely mean Nottingham? If so I recommend that you phone admissions as the deadline to have completed their forms was a week ago. The links for them were in the initial confirmation email that the vet school sent out I believe.

mmm...might be an issue as I never received a confirmation email...?! Also I thought that you had 1 week from when you received it to complete it, and then a further 1 week if you still didn't manage that, so there wasn't a specific date?
(edited 6 years ago)
I would recommend you definitely contact them then. Worth checking your spam/junk folder as well.

mmm...might be an issue as I never received a confirmation email...?!
I would recommend you definitely contact them then. Worth checking your spam/junk folder as well.

absolutely nothing in my junk folder unfortunately...also can't see anything on their website about a particular date but it does say that they would send the questionnaire within a week and I sent mine on the 12th Oct, so definitely due an email
Have you had confirmation from UCAS and from the other universities you applied to?

absolutely nothing in my junk folder unfortunately...also can't see anything on their website about a particular date but it does say that they would send the questionnaire within a week and I sent mine on the 12th Oct, so definitely due an email
Have you had confirmation from UCAS and from the other universities you applied to?

I have from Cambridge and I've got the VIP thing from Bristol but again no questionnaire, haven't heard anything from Nottingham or Glasgow
Then your email address must be correct. I'd definitely phone Nottingham vet school admissions asap. Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

I have from Cambridge and I've got the VIP thing from Bristol but again no questionnaire, haven't heard anything from Nottingham or Glasgow
mmm...might be an issue as I never received a confirmation email...?! Also I thought that you had 1 week from when you received it to complete it, and then a further 1 week if you still didn't manage that, so there wasn't a specific date?

No, there was a week from when you received the email to complete one of their forms (work experience etc) and then the SJT and questionnaire were sent out on the 17th and you had one week to complete those, so they were due on the 24th unless you had contacted them about extenuating circumstances which meant you couldn't complete them.

Would definitely contact admissions like the others have said - hope you figure out what's happened soon!

My email from Notts gave me from 17th - 24th to do the questionnaires.

Hope they've messed up somewhere along the line and that they can get it sorted for you :-)
Original post by luberry
No, there was a week from when you received the email to complete one of their forms (work experience etc) and then the SJT and questionnaire were sent out on the 17th and you had one week to complete those, so they were due on the 24th unless you had contacted them about extenuating circumstances which meant you couldn't complete them.

Would definitely contact admissions like the others have said - hope you figure out what's happened soon!

Aaaggghhh!! Ok, so I havent received the SJT either, I definitely need to find out whats going on because I was certain I had fulfilled the academic criteria and therefore would be sent the questionnaire...also doesn't help that when I told my teacher at school he just brushed it off and said don't worry they've got lots of applicants they'll get to you eventually...

Thank you for all your help and lets hope I can get this fixed!
Original post by domiash
Anyone else rejected from Surrey? I was under the impression that applicants were only sent the questionnaire if they first met entry requirements... yet my letter states reason for rejection as 'entry requirements not met'. Hoping for some more detailed feedback.

:-(

Hi @domiash,

As far as I know, you're more than welcome to email the Admissions team ([email protected]) to ask in which way you failed to meet the entry requirements. I would advise doing this to get an understanding on how you may be able to improve your application next time if you decide to reapply :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
After uploading the references for Surrey, are you meant to get an acknowledgement email or anything?
Original post by pacb10
After uploading the references for Surrey, are you meant to get an acknowledgement email or anything?

I didn't receive anything
Original post by pacb10

I didn't get anything, the status of it just changed on the portal.
Original post by Anderson2727
Any Cambridge applicants nervous for the NSAA next thursday!? 🙈

Also, just wondering if everyone has had their Bristol questionnaire yet? 😃

So stressed out by it. 2nd year workload at college is so high I've barely been able to revise GCSE/AS for it so I'm just hoping it's all sunk into my brain enough...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by laurakyna
So stressed out by it. 2nd year workload at college is so high I've barely been able to revise GCSE/AS for it so I'm just hoping it's all sunk into my brain enough...

Same! I think I am going to do both the biology questions in section 2...

What College have you applied to??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending