The Student Room Group

Wider reading for dystopia?\

I am currently studying 1984 in class and i was wondering what wider reading i should be doing not just in terms of 1984 but dystopia in general?
Original post by VVDOOMVV
I am currently studying 1984 in class and i was wondering what wider reading i should be doing not just in terms of 1984 but dystopia in general?

Darkness at Noon by Koestler, A Clockwork Orange by Burgess, Brave New World by Huxley and We by Zamyatin are the most important ones I can think of; you might also want to read some of Orwell's essay collections for some background on his politics and where he was coming from when writing 1984, and take a look at the Left Book Club list (Orwell was a member of it).
Reply 2
Original post by Sonechka
Darkness at Noon by Koestler, A Clockwork Orange by Burgess, Brave New World by Huxley and We by Zamyatin are the most important ones I can think of; you might also want to read some of Orwell's essay collections for some background on his politics and where he was coming from when writing 1984, and take a look at the Left Book Club list (Orwell was a member of it).

Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending