The Student Room Group

Which BIMM city to choose?

I'm planning on applying for BIMM Manchester but have heard Manchester is not the best place for young musicians if you want to get somewhere and actually become an artist. I've heard people mention London and Brighton as cities with way better opportunities.
Living in Manchester seems so much cheaper than London and as I'm coming from abroad, I would really love to choose the city. There's something about Manchester that really attracts me. Such a beautiful city with a good vibe. What can you guys say though? Is BIMM Manchester a great choice? Or a total no?
Original post by DatPal
I'm planning on applying for BIMM Manchester but have heard Manchester is not the best place for young musicians if you want to get somewhere and actually become an artist. I've heard people mention London and Brighton as cities with way better opportunities.
Living in Manchester seems so much cheaper than London and as I'm coming from abroad, I would really love to choose the city. There's something about Manchester that really attracts me. Such a beautiful city with a good vibe. What can you guys say though? Is BIMM Manchester a great choice? Or a total no?

I myself have been having the same thoughts, I literally went crazy trying to decide between Manchester and Brighton, but Manchester keeps drawing me in everytime I think about it. Its a great city to be a musician in and i think you should just go with your gut feeling like I am.
Reply 2
Original post by elshoranx
i myself have been having the same thoughts, i literally went crazy trying to decide between manchester and brighton, but manchester keeps drawing me in everytime i think about it. Its a great city to be a musician in and i think you should just go with your gut feeling like i am.

brightonnnn
Reply 3
Original post by elshoranx
I myself have been having the same thoughts, I literally went crazy trying to decide between Manchester and Brighton, but Manchester keeps drawing me in everytime I think about it. Its a great city to be a musician in and i think you should just go with your gut feeling like I am.

Good to hear I wasn't the only one! Though, by today I have already chosen Manchester and made it my firm choice.
You can PM me if you decide for Manchester as well, would be nice to know someone already! :smile:
Original post by DatPal
Good to hear I wasn't the only one! Though, by today I have already chosen Manchester and made it my firm choice.
You can PM me if you decide for Manchester as well, would be nice to know someone already! :smile:

That's crazy! I'm glad you decided and yes I chose Manchester too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending