The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by angelike1
what if it's your non-black friends who get upset?

this has never happened so IDK :lol: can't imagining it bothering them when it's during a song
Reply 21
@angelike1

this gonna be you someday....

Original post by gjd800
[video="youtube;U6gp9pZzGcE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6gp9pZzGcE[/video]

yo that flow was ace :yy:

not sure i totally agree with the ending
Original post by ANM775
@angelike1

this gonna be you someday....

classic :rofl:

would you find this scene offensive @emerald770?
Reply 24
yo that flow was ace :yy:

not sure i totally agree with the ending

I dunno why he's not bigger, I think he's great.

Meh, the message is always up for debate, but it's cool to have a (relatively) dissenting black voice putting it out there that he thinks the word should just be consigned to the past. Don't have to agree!
Original post by gjd800
I dunno why he's not bigger, I think he's great.

Meh, the message is always up for debate, but it's cool to have a (relatively) dissenting black voice putting it out there that he thinks the word should just be consigned to the past. Don't have to agree!

Oh no I agree with that - just not when he says black people overusing the word gives white people the impression that they're inferior
Reply 26
Oh no I agree with that - just not when he says black people overusing the word gives white people the impression that they're inferior

Yeah, controversial. I'm white and I've never had that impression, but at the same time I don't doubt those angry whites exist, especially over the pond. I guess generalising at all inevitably brings problems!
Tbh you *could* say N**** whenever you want. I've got like 5 black mates and none of them care when people say it, especially in a song, and why should they care? Stopping people saying it only serves to create more division and racism.

However, the only problem is sometimes you do come across the odd, very hostile black guy who's so mad at you for saying it that he'll literally want to scrap with you right there and then. So 90% of black people don't care, I'd use it in a song, but just for caution I would't use it elsewhere...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ManLike007
Honestly I'd recommend you to watch this video, it's 3 minutes, short video and an eye opener. The last minute of this video answers your question.

[video="youtube;D_U8XLDFZnY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_U8XLDFZnY[/video]

He's hot 😍
Original post by gjd800
Yeah, controversial. I'm white and I've never had that impression, but at the same time I don't doubt those angry whites exist, especially over the pond. I guess generalising at all inevitably brings problems!

Lmao you're not white
Reply 30
Original post by Salt Queen
Lmao you're not white

Erm, I am. I couldn't be much whiter, haha.
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Tbh you *could* say the N**** whenever you want. I've got like 5 black mates and none of them care when people say it, especially in a song, and why should they care? Stopping people saying it only serves to create more division and racism.

However, the only problem is sometimes you do come across the odd very hostile black guy who's so mad at you for saying it that he'll literally want to scrap with you right there and then. So 90% of black people don't care, I'd use it in a song, but just for caution I would't use it elsewhere...

Yeah I think music (esp Hip Hop) really does bring people together so this whole controversy is a bit counter intuitive.
(edited 6 years ago)
classic :rofl:

would you find this scene offensive @emerald770?

:toofunny:
But they all got their ass beat. and poor Jackie was just given the impression he could say it because it's all over the radio. Then he gets attacked for using it. major head scratcher right there :hmmmm: Oh well.
Original post by gjd800
Erm, I am. I couldn't be much whiter, haha.

Thought this whole time you were Asian
Reply 34
Thought this whole time you were Asian

No, born and bred Liverpool, Irish ancestry.
Original post by gjd800
No, born and bred Liverpool, Irish ancestry.

Oh wow. :smile: Your about me says your name is Gandharva :ninjagirl: so I assumed you were Hindu Asian
Yeah I think musics (esp Hip Hop) really does bring people together so this whole controversy is a bit counter intuitive.

Today's hip hop makes people wanna fight smh. I hate it.
Reply 37
Oh wow. :smile: Your about me says your name is Gandharva :ninjagirl: so I assumed you were Hindu Asian

A slight red herring, though there is a reason for that name :smile:
Original post by gjd800
A slight red herring, though there is a reason for that name :smile:

You little tricksy. I wanna know why! Enable pm's for 5 seconds to tell me so we don't derail.
Reply 39
You little tricksy. I wanna know why! Enable pm's for 5 seconds to tell me so we don't derail.

Should be on?

Latest