London School of Economics
London

LSE Law 2018 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Hey all,

GCSE's: 10A*
AS: AAAAAB
A Level Predicted: A*A*A*A
Info/Updates: Sent 14th Oct, Initial Assessment Email 24th Oct, Further Assessment 30th Oct
Other Uni's: Oxford (Oriel), UCL, Durham and Warwick
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
is the 4th AS essential?
Original post by Skye.16
is the 4th AS essential?

Yes, if I'm not mistaken.

You can check it here
http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/DepartmentalAdmissionsCriteria2017/law.aspx
Reply 23
- GCSE results 9A*,2A
- AS results N/A doing linear
- A2 predictions/achieved grades A*AA
- Info/updates about your application Received an email saying I was in further assessment last Monday
- Other universities you are applying to Cam, UCL, Durham, Bristol
Reply 24

That's 2017 entry requirement... 2018 only requires 3 A Levels
Reply 25
GCSE's - 6A*s 4As 1B
As Maths - A (rest is linear)
A-Levels - History, Economics, Math
Predicted - A* A* A
Other Unis - Cambridge (Selwyn), Warwick (offer), Nottingham, Lancaster
Reply 26
Hey everyone :smile:

I am studying for the CBSE boards in India.

1. I have predicted grades of average 92% for my year 12 and a 10 CGPA (95%) for my year 10.
2. I have applied for LSE, QMUL, Warwick and manchester
Reply 27
Anyone know if LSE rejects people in initial assessment based on their predicted grades? Thanks.
Original post by Flutz
Anyone know if LSE rejects people in initial assessment based on their predicted grades? Thanks.

Yes, But only if ur predicted grades are sub-standard
Reply 29
So if law is A*AA, and I'm predicted AAA or AAB, would that be considered substandard? Just wondering how strict they are...
Reply 30
Original post by Flutz

If predictives don't cross 90% overall they logically should as it is their cutoff.
i got a letter saying that my application was now under initial assessment. how long does it take for me to receive my offer/notices/ anything from the university??
im anxious about my lnat score.
Has anyone still not received an initial assessment email? I've only got an acknowledgment email and its mid November now so I am feeling a little anxious. I applied for govt last year and remember getting my initial assessment email in October..
Original post by getmeaplace
i got a letter saying that my application was now under initial assessment. how long does it take for me to receive my offer/notices/ anything from the university??
im anxious about my lnat score.

Initial Assessment usually takes 1-2 weeks and should you pass it, Further Assessment is up to 8 weeks before you either get a decision or have your application considered for up to another 4 weeks. Also, LSE does not use the LNAT.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Jackgill
Has anyone still not received an initial assessment email? I've only got an acknowledgment email and its mid November now so I am feeling a little anxious. I applied for govt last year and remember getting my initial assessment email in October..

Don't worry. I haven't. I sent them an email and they said that they have a lot of applicants this year so they're taking a bit of time. They cannot reject you without putting you under initial assessment. They're just busy. I applied exactly a month ago and still have nothing.
GCSE : 6A 2B 2C
AS: AABD
A2 Predictions: A*AA

Don't know if I'll get an offer but should I still give a try because my predicted grades are pretty good.
Original post by m111k111
GCSE : 6A 2B 2C
AS: AABD
A2 Predictions: A*AA

Don't know if I'll get an offer but should I still give a try because my predicted grades are pretty good.

Your predicted grades only just meet the entry requirements and your GCSE's and AS's are below average for an applicant - you'll be up against a lot of people who have only A*/A grades across all boards
Original post by ChemistryGuy1998
Your predicted grades only just meet the entry requirements and your GCSE's and AS's are below average for an applicant - you'll be up against a lot of people who have only A*/A grades across all boards

Yeah I understand. So should I apply to another college instead of LSE? Im an international student so I don't want to apply to any back up ones. If I don't get anywhere good I won't go abroad.
Original post by m111k111
Yeah I understand. So should I apply to another college instead of LSE? Im an international student so I don't want to apply to any back up ones. If I don't get anywhere good I won't go abroad.

UCL, KCL, Bristol, Durham, Warwick, York, are all good choices
Anybody know what my chances are like with

GCSE: 4A* 5A
IB Predictions: 42 (766 HL)
LSE requires 37 with 766 HL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending