The Student Room Group

Official Oxford interview invitation thread

Hi everyone! Now that tests are over I thought I could start this thread for when interview invitations come in. Comment below what courses you want to study and what college you have applied to also any other thoughts and feelings toward the interview/your chances?

Scroll to see replies

0.1% chance for interview invitation for me.
Course: Physics and Philosophy (MPhysPhil)
College: Balliol
Thoughts: Well.... after the PAT I honestly have no chance at the interview...(praying that I wrote enough workings down for them to see that I attempted the questions as best as I could) But I'm not too distraught about it since I love the Manchester course so much, plus the Manchester interview went well so I am fairly confident in an offer from them :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by PhilandTheo
0.1% chance for interview invitation for me.

really? I'm sure your test didn't go that bad...
Reply 4
course: history
college: st peters
thoughts: sort of failed the HAT but i just hope i've done well enough to get an interview.... but I'll probably fail the interview as well :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by SlashaRussia
Course: Physics and Philosophy (MPhysPhil)
College: Balliol
Thoughts: Well.... after the PAT I honestly have no chance at the interview...(praying that I wrote enough workings down for them to see that I attempted the questions as best as I could) But I'm not too distraught about it since I love the Manchester course so much, plus the Manchester interview went well so I am fairly confident in an offer from them :smile:

yeah it's good to know that you have offers from elsewhere because not getting into oxford is not the end of the world. Same with me I have UCL and Warwick which I'm so happy with
Reply 6
Course: Chemistry
College: St Hilda’s
Thoughts: Can’t really tell how the TSA went, but hoping for an interview, as it seems over 90% of Chemistry applicants are interviewed on average...
Reply 7
also guys how long will it take for oxford to get back to us on whether we have an interview or not?
Original post by _HS
yeah it's good to know that you have offers from elsewhere because not getting into oxford is not the end of the world. Same with me I have UCL and Warwick which I'm so happy with

Yep! It would be a nice bonus if I managed to get into Oxford, but there are so many other amazing unis. And wow! UCL and Warwick are amazing unis so well done! :biggrin: I hope that everyone ends up with uni offers that they're happy with :smile:
Original post by _HS
also guys how long will it take for oxford to get back to us on whether we have an interview or not?

I think I read up somewhere that it will be end of November? Like 20-something of November
Reply 10
Original post by SlashaRussia
I think I read up somewhere that it will be end of November? Like 20-something of November

omg that's so late! we have like 1/2 weeks only to prepare for the interview!!! :eek: i need to start reading the books I've pretended to read now...
course:Maths
College:corpus christi
Thoughts: no chance after the MAT of getting an interview, but im really glad to have got offers from warwick and bristol.
Course: Medicine
College: New
Thoughts: Definitely will not be getting an interview. BMAT went awfully (certainly for Oxford's standards anyway) and below their average A*s at GCSE.
Course: Mathematics and Computer Science
College: LMH
Thoughts: After my dire performance at the MAT I think I have no chance of getting invited to interview, especially considering that my GCSE’s are also below average. Shame but fingers crossed Durham will give me an offer at least.
Original post by _HS
omg that's so late! we have like 1/2 weeks only to prepare for the interview!!! :eek: i need to start reading the books I've pretended to read now...

The actual interviews are gonna be in December though so we still have lots of time to prepare! I think the dates might differ per college but I'm not too sure :biggrin:
Course: History
College:Wadham
Thoughts: feels impossible to know if I did well or not in the HAT... just going to try to be optimistic.
Original post by _HS

Is it possible to prepare for interviews besides from reading what you lied about? I was told that it wasn't because they're going to ask questions that are extremely hard to see how you think.
I am slightly ok with the idea of not getting accepted into Oxford (because it is extremely hard) but I still would like an interview to know that I was capable of at least getting that far.
(edited 6 years ago)
same feeling lol
Course: English Language and Literature
College: Trinity
Thoughts: I don’t think my ELAT was a complete disaster but I doubt I’ll get a score good enough for an interview invite. I already have four offers though so I honestly won’t be too distraught if (or when lol) I get a rejection.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending