The Student Room Group

PDC World Championships Darts Thread

So it is that time again for the World Championship Darts from Alexandra Palace, so whose watching?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Rock Fan
So it is that time again for the World Championship Darts from Alexandra Palace, so whose watching?

You know I am, Rock Fan. It's my favourite part of December. Some big shocks last night.
Original post by Mackay
You know I am, Rock Fan. It's my favourite part of December. Some big shocks last night.

Ha indeed thought you would be, yes didn't see Chisnall losing to Van Der Voort, less surprised at Wade though he has been poor for some time.
Reply 3
Ha indeed thought you would be, yes didn't see Chisnall losing to Van Der Voort, less surprised at Wade though he has been poor for some time.

Wade, Chisnall and Whitlock. The holy trinity of overrated darts players.
Original post by Mackay
Wade, Chisnall and Whitlock. The holy trinity of overrated darts players.

Whitlock never performs either at the main stage, looks like Painter might be gone soon as well Suljovic is well ahead already.
Reply 5
Whitlock never performs either at the main stage, looks like Painter might be gone soon as well Suljovic is well ahead already.

Got a bet on Anderson at 7/1. Those are crazy high odds.
Original post by Mackay
Got a bet on Anderson at 7/1. Those are crazy high odds.

Yeah he is still very much a threat as much as I think MVG will walk it.
Reply 7
Yeah he is still very much a threat as much as I think MVG will walk it.

MVG is a cut above anybody, but Anderson's second. I've fancied Wright so many times, and he lets me down every. single. time.
Original post by Mackay
MVG is a cut above anybody, but Anderson's second. I've fancied Wright so many times, and he lets me down every. single. time.

Yeah Wright is one of them on his day he can beat anyone but every so often he will lose when you don't expect it, we will see now he has one a couple majors recently. Painter is out I guess he may not see him again. Got Daryl Gurney against Ronny Hybrechts now, Gurney should win this one.
Reply 9
Hahaha that wasp invasion!
Original post by Mackay
Hahaha that wasp invasion!

That one that landed on Suljovic's shirt, wow Gurney just did a 170 finish.
Reply 11
Big up Lim
Original post by Mackay
Big up Lim

Amazing that 63 years old and well deserved. Tonight should be a belter with Barney and Adrian Lewis.
Adrian Lewis is in a spot of bother here against unknown Kevin Munch of Germany who has most impressive walk on music as well. Richard North although has moved up the rankings big time, I think he got a little too cocky and Barneveld taught him a lesson tonight.
What a tournament it has been so far. Thoroughly enjoyed every night.

Adrian Lewis was defending final money, now he'll be out of the top 20. No Masters, almost certainly no Premier League & no automatic qualification for any major. This could finish his career unless he gets his act together.
Original post by sr90
What a tournament it has been so far. Thoroughly enjoyed every night.

Adrian Lewis was defending final money, now he'll be out of the top 20. No Masters, almost certainly no Premier League & no automatic qualification for any major. This could finish his career unless he gets his act together.

He has gone very complacent since he won the World Title, some more possible banana skins tomorrow, I reckon Simon Whitlock may be the next one to become a cropper.
He has gone very complacent since he won the World Title, some more possible banana skins tomorrow, I reckon Simon Whitlock may be the next one to become a cropper.

It's good for the game to have so many new players emerging & more competition. Gurney was barely top 25 this time last year now he's 4th, Rob Cross didn't even have a tour card. Just shows how hard you have to work to stay at the highest level.

If Whitlock does go, with Lewis already out it totally opens up that side of the draw!
Original post by sr90
It's good for the game to have so many new players emerging & more competition. Gurney was barely top 25 this time last year now he's 4th, Rob Cross didn't even have a tour card. Just shows how hard you have to work to stay at the highest level.

If Whitlock does go, with Lewis already out it totally opens up that side of the draw!

Agreed good to see so many new players from different countries coming through, remains to be seen if anyone can topple MVG.
Agreed good to see so many new players from different countries coming through, remains to be seen if anyone can topple MVG.

Unless Barney can get him in the 4th round highly unlikely. He’s unplayable over long set formats, only Gary Anderson comes close.
Original post by sr90
Unless Barney can get him in the 4th round highly unlikely. He’s unplayable over long set formats, only Gary Anderson comes close.

Gonna say the only other person other than Anderson who has a chance is Barney, not sure Peter Wright has enough either.

Quick Reply

Latest