The Student Room Group

if i pay for my a level exams can I just come in and out of school as I please

I'm in year 12 and the first term of this academic year was absolutely awful. I haven't settled in at all. I've had anxiety which I was diagnosed with quite a few years ago and I have a SEN statement as a result. I work much better at home and my attendance is 78%. the school have threatened to ban me from year 13 if it's low by the end of the school year. I'm in no position to improve my attendance. I'm depressed and everyone thinks I'm just making it up to manipulate the situation but i know I have because I constantly think of how I'm going to die and I don't sit and cry but I'm extremely irritable at the minute and I would get angry over nothing. I don't want to go to school and I don't want to leave either.

I tried getting a note from the GP who will not give one and the school said it won't work when I told of my plans to get a note from the GP as they said I should just leave school but why should I, I have a reason! typical unhelpful response and it's very belittling.

The only option I have is to pay the entry fees for my exams and then since I'm paying I can get the work and just walk in and out as I please and therefore will not be barred from year 13.
Original post by Apple2017
I'm in year 12 and the first term of this academic year was absolutely awful. I haven't settled in at all. I've had anxiety which I was diagnosed with quite a few years ago and I have a SEN statement as a result. I work much better at home and my attendance is 78%. the school have threatened to ban me from year 13 if it's low by the end of the school year. I'm in no position to improve my attendance. I'm depressed and everyone thinks I'm just making it up to manipulate the situation but i know I have because I constantly think of how I'm going to die and I don't sit and cry but I'm extremely irritable at the minute and I would get angry over nothing. I don't want to go to school and I don't want to leave either.

I tried getting a note from the GP who will not give one and the school said it won't work when I told of my plans to get a note from the GP as they said I should just leave school but why should I, I have a reason! typical unhelpful response and it's very belittling.

The only option I have is to pay the entry fees for my exams and then since I'm paying I can get the work and just walk in and out as I please and therefore will not be barred from year 13.

Go and see CAB or get a lawyer.

It is a big problem your GP wont write you a letter as that would amount yo you having a disability depending how they worded it.

The school cant expel you with the disability and they can without. that is because they could be in contravention of the equalities act.

You can call the equalities commission or contact MIND

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/contact-us
https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/

You could also try a different doctor.

In the event you are expelled, then you can take exams as a private student. Your parents would have to agree to home school you. they then take over your schooling. Just google it.

https://www.gov.uk/home-education

They will nt let you come to school as you please. Only GP note and getting the SEN officer to agree can achieve that.
I was expelled from A2 in 2017 and I have figured out the most conclusive method of paying for A levels. If for unfortunate circumstances you left A2 then your life will be somewhat ****ed for the next 2 years. I unfortunately failed my A2 mock in December in subjects :Psychology and Economics(predicticted C,C) obtained D,E. In my AS exams I obtained DDU the U in Physics. The E in economics in the mock was viewed as a lack of effort and I was expelled. I was acting foolishly I was not yet a Man per day because I was 17.Dependent on the subjects your 6th form/college offered you would most likely finding another facility of study without your old 6th form such as for me for example I found out my exam board for economics was less common because AQA economics dominated by 51% in comparison to Edexcel at 49% so when I tried to do an AQA Economics Paper in comparison to Edexcel which is the one I took in my 6th form I would fail every single multiple choice including all the data responses are different so my previous notes at C/B grade in A2 with Edexcel fell to E in A2 when I was retaking in college at year 14. My Psychology aqa notes remained the same because my college offered aqa Psychology. I therefore was forced to retake ALL my A levels in 2018 practically starting from A fresh with AQA sociology and Psychology and Edexcel economics. I paid for AS sociology and revised for that independently and sat that in 2018. I was effectively retaking as if I was still in my 6th form because I was not a fan of the AQA Economics as I knew my 6th form offered AQA sociology and did family and households, education and crime and defiance. I also noticed the college's book for Economics had a book 1 and book 2 for year 2(860 pages) while my economics Edexcel book was 578 pages long in comparison. My exams roughly coated £88 per paper in A2 so approximately £760 for 3 A2's with 9 exams new A levels spec exams in a local center next to my home. The lesson that should be learned from me is that if you left A2 in unfortunate circumstances you may need to think long and hard about the courses you did and how they would be interpreted by another center because other PUBLIC educational facilities may do slightly different varients of a subject you took and you may need to adapt to that because it could hinder your grade. While at college I briefly seeked advise from the AQA Economics teacher that was there and she said if I believe I would naturally obtain a better grade at economics with Edexcel I do better would be better grade at Edexcel. Studying sociology independently was a breeze it was just the third subject I needed and because it was self study I didn't need to adapt to anyone's timing I just needed to focus on sociology for approximately 4 months and then after my sociology notes for AS are complete Psychology and Economics would just fill in because I was already taught that in 6th form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending