The Student Room Group

A2 English Language Investigation: Language of Charity Advertising

Is anyone doing this subtopic for their Language Investigation, if so could someone please tell me whether we have to stick to one genre of charity adverts and what are good books to look at to help for further reading? am super stressed
What is your title? Looking at more than one genre might make your study more interesting, but it also adds another variable. Maybe consider adverts aimed at different audiences. Are you looking at print, television, radio or online advertising?
Original post by Lit teacher
What is your title? Looking at more than one genre might make your study more interesting, but it also adds another variable. Maybe consider adverts aimed at different audiences. Are you looking at print, television, radio or online advertising?

My title is looking at Power shown through charity advertising and it is online advertising
Original post by GeorginaMacM
My title is looking at Power shown through charity advertising and it is online advertising

Charity advertising covers quite a wide field, so should give you plenty to look at. You could compare charity advertising with a different genre, such as adverts for a product, or those annoying PPI pop-ups, but this would give a very wide range of material and ideas to look at in a limited word count.

It might be better to look at different genres within the charity theme, such as comparing those raising money for environmental causes, the elderly or disaster relief, to see if they all use the same methods. Alternatively, find adverts aimed at different audiences, such as teenagers or older people.

There is a short summary of features that you could look for here ; I would also think about 'politeness'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending